ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
What Right Flood Insurance Policy Should Include?
Total Articles: 22
Floods are becoming more common in the UK. Apart from the stress and hassle, the cost of cleaning can be huge you. Insurance is advisable, especially if you live in a high-risk flood area. Now with the introduction of Flood Re, it is easier for anybody to find an affordable insurance policy.
Here you will find a brief information on flood insurance and what it should include, so that it becomes easier for you and loss assessor to claim insurance policy with highest settlement price.
What is flood insurance?
Flood insurance claim is usually included as a standard part of your building insurance policy, but will not cover your contents, unless you also have a home content insurance policy.
You may need flood insurance if you or your property is affected by:
• A river or canal bursting its banks
• Seawater floods due to storms and/or high tides, and
• Surface water or rapid flooding of groundwater as a result of heavy rains or a bursting of pipes
What is covered by flood insurance?
Flood insurance claim policy covers the costs of:
• Removing debris
• Professional fees (e.g. lawyers, architects and surveyors)
• Repair or replacement of damaged furniture and belongings
• Alternative accommodation while you can not live in your home
• Drying, repairing and restoring your property and its water fittings and fixtures.
Things that may not be covered in your Insurance Policy Claim
• If your property has been flooded, you can start cleaning it as soon as you want; You do not have to wait until your insurer has assessed the damage. But take pictures of damaged products and store samples of things like rugs and furniture to show to your insurer. Loss Assessor’s assistance can be taken at this point.
• When it comes to claiming for damaged belongings, the amount your insurance company will pay will depend on the type of contents insurance you have.
• If you have a "new for old" policy, your insurance company must pay enough to replace all items damaged by new equivalent items (in addition to clothing, where there is usually a deduction for wear and tear). Most policies offer this.
• If you have Indemnity Cover policy, you will only get the value of your assets before the flood had occurred.
Check out all the details on your buildings and the flood insurance and content insurance policies with your loss assessor and make sure you have enough coverage to protect you financially, in case of a flood. Get help from a specialist insurance loss assessor from experienced insurance management consultants like ClaimMakers, to negotiate with the insurer and claim the best insurance policy settlement.
Claim Makers, one of the UK's trusted Insurance Loss Assessor and Insurance Management Consultancy, provides you with complete help and best insurance advice at every stage to claim/receive the best insurance settlement for your property loss.
For more details, visit the website Claimmakers.co.uk
Insurance Articles1. How To Get A Financial Planning Seminar At Home With Home Study Courses?
Author: Jason Mizak
2. How To Know The Concept Of Step-by-step Planning In Financial Planning?
Author: Mike McKale
3. All You Need To Know About The Types And Procedures Of Implant Dentistry
Author: Bijal Joshi
4. How To Find A Cheap Travel Insurance Company In Ontario?
Author: Joanne Finucan
5. Property Insurance Attorneys Protecting Yourself From Property Crimes
Author: Steven Simon
6. How The Music Equipment Insurance Helps Your Music Business
Author: Michel Jordan
7. Take Property Insurance To Insure Your Happiness
8. How To Manage Your Car Loan
Author: Mihir Yande
9. How To Prepare Yourself Before An Insurance Claim
Author: Claim Makers
10. Few Points For Choosing The Right Woodwind Insurance For Your Needs
Author: Victor Johnson
11. 5 Ways To Get The Best Two Wheeler Loans
Author: Vishakha Lele
12. Neliz Generic Drugs Exceeding Global Standards
13. Finding The Right Place To Wedding
14. How To Choose Good Audio Equipment Insurance Online?
Author: Michel Jordan
15. Managed It Services