ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
What Right Flood Insurance Policy Should Include?
Total Articles: 3
Floods are becoming more common in the UK. Apart from the stress and hassle, the cost of cleaning can be huge you. Insurance is advisable, especially if you live in a high-risk flood area. Now with the introduction of Flood Re, it is easier for anybody to find an affordable insurance policy.
Here you will find a brief information on flood insurance and what it should include, so that it becomes easier for you and loss assessor to claim insurance policy with highest settlement price.
What is flood insurance?
Flood insurance claim is usually included as a standard part of your building insurance policy, but will not cover your contents, unless you also have a home content insurance policy.
You may need flood insurance if you or your property is affected by:
• A river or canal bursting its banks
• Seawater floods due to storms and/or high tides, and
• Surface water or rapid flooding of groundwater as a result of heavy rains or a bursting of pipes
What is covered by flood insurance?
Flood insurance claim policy covers the costs of:
• Removing debris
• Professional fees (e.g. lawyers, architects and surveyors)
• Repair or replacement of damaged furniture and belongings
• Alternative accommodation while you can not live in your home
• Drying, repairing and restoring your property and its water fittings and fixtures.
Things that may not be covered in your Insurance Policy Claim
• If your property has been flooded, you can start cleaning it as soon as you want; You do not have to wait until your insurer has assessed the damage. But take pictures of damaged products and store samples of things like rugs and furniture to show to your insurer. Loss Assessor’s assistance can be taken at this point.
• When it comes to claiming for damaged belongings, the amount your insurance company will pay will depend on the type of contents insurance you have.
• If you have a "new for old" policy, your insurance company must pay enough to replace all items damaged by new equivalent items (in addition to clothing, where there is usually a deduction for wear and tear). Most policies offer this.
• If you have Indemnity Cover policy, you will only get the value of your assets before the flood had occurred.
Check out all the details on your buildings and the flood insurance and content insurance policies with your loss assessor and make sure you have enough coverage to protect you financially, in case of a flood. Get help from a specialist insurance loss assessor from experienced insurance management consultants like ClaimMakers, to negotiate with the insurer and claim the best insurance policy settlement.
Claim Makers, one of the UK's trusted Insurance Loss Assessor and Insurance Management Consultancy, provides you with complete help and best insurance advice at every stage to claim/receive the best insurance settlement for your property loss.
For more details, visit the website Claimmakers.co.uk
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Released Accurate And Verified Life Insurance Mailing List For Your Marketing Needs
2. Get A Free Car Insurance Quote Online From Any Auto Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
3. Collector Car Insurance - Top 6 Benefits Of Specialty Collector Car Insurance Companies
Author: Jason Davis
4. Choose The Best Medical Plan For Expatriates Based On Your Requirements
5. Cheaper Home Insurance Premium Strategies
Author: Home Insurance
6. Corporate Health Insurance
7. Get Your Property Insurance Claims From The Best Insurance Claim Advisers
8. What You Need To Know About Fire Damage Insurance Cover?
Author: Claim Makers
9. Chief Benefits Of Having International Medical Policy For Every Individual
10. Tips To Choosing The Right Car Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
11. Features Of Term Insurance Policies
12. Features And Benefits Of Ulips
13. Questions To Ask Before Buying A Life Insurance Policy
Author: Ekta Kariya
14. Ontario Travel Insurance For Seniors - Why The Elderly Should Plan For The Unexpected
Author: Joanne Finucan
15. Secure Your Daughter’s Future With Lic Kanyadan Plan