ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
What Is Filigree Jewelry?
Total Articles: 113
Good things come in small packages especially when it is jewelry. Filigree is one of the most enchanting forms of jewelry, which has been created by craftsmen since ages and has always been fascinating people.
A lot of patience and hard work is required to create a filigree piece as it needs high technicality in creating a perfect blend of interwoven shining threads of gold or silver wires to make lace.
Silver gives the most exquisite look to the jewelry, and its beauty lies in the lace crafted in precious metals, which give it an elegant look which can be used both as customary as well as modern.
A group of craftsmen in Mesopotamia created a pattern of filigree designs using both gold and silver wires which were popularly known as ‘telkari’ in 2500 BC. It was so popular that its charm spread across the Asian continent and till today many expert artisans produce telkari jewelry which is highly intricate and delicate.
During 1660 to the late 19th century, this beautiful art form also gained substantial recognition in Italy and France.
Filigree as Cuttacki Tarkasi in Orissa
Since the ancient times as India had close connections with Greece this art is continuously used, and there is a high degree of similarity due to the collective influence on creative patterns in both the countries.
It is quite popular in the eastern states of India. More than a hundred families in the Cuttack city of Orissa are engaged in producing various patterns of filigree jewelry and popularly call them ‘ Cuttacki Tarkasi.' Filigree jewelry symbolizes the excellence and showcases the talent of Orissa’s craftsmen.
There are many fascinating and beautiful things created using filigree resembling animals, replicas, inscriptions of temples and idols of gods and goddesses.
Nowadays, a wide variety of filigree jewelry and everyday items are used mainly consisting of boxes, brooches, earrings and many others are available in the market as people to a great extent love it.
The bottom line
Filigree art is not only famous in India but is also renowned all over the world for its intricate and brilliant artistic ornamentation and has been a vital export item since ancient times. Buy filigree jewellry online India from Pipabella.
At Pipabella, we array a vast collection of 22 carat gold jewellery, artificial jewellery, sterling silver jewellery. Buy fashion jewelry here: http://bit.ly/2mOPXjq
Pipa + Bella is a revolutionary fast-fashion accessories company offering the latest trends through a unique social shopping experience!
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca