ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Some Tips On A Kitchen Renovation
Total Articles: 1
A well-planned kitchen has a lot of advantages. It leads to significant cost savings on maintenance, fewer injuries to homeowners and better time management. Having said that, renovating one’s kitchen is a daunting task and a challenging opportunity.
Below we discuss some helpful tips that might come in handy when going for a kitchen renovation.
The quick renovation
Most of us cannot afford a complete kitchen overhaul. This does not mean that we cannot greatly increase the look and feel of the kitchen by making some changes to the overall décor.
New appliances always add aesthetic value to any kitchen. A new fridge, cooktop, toaster or dishwasher not only look good in the kitchen but are a pleasure to use as well. Additionally, if the property is rental in nature, one can even claim depreciation in case of permanent fixtures.
One can always replace the kitchen benchtops if the joinery is in good condition. Replacing the benchtop helps in making a design statement since it is one of the most used and visible features of the kitchen.
Replacing the drawer fronts and the cupboard doors can add great value to the overall décor of the kitchen. Also, better lighting gives a modern look to the kitchen. Furthermore, painting the joinery adds more value to the overall aesthetic appeal of the kitchen.
Avoid adding extra space to your kitchen
Adding extra space to one’s kitchen by trying to expand it always ends up being an expensive affair. This is because any form of expansion almost always entails additional permits, framing, foundation work etc. Instead, it is advisable to find space within the original layout of the kitchen. This space could be reclaimed from an adjacent closet, sunroom, hallway etc. While it is true that large and open kitchens have their own distinct advantages, they may not always suit the requirements and needs of all individuals. One does not need very large kitchens to cook gourmet food. Furthermore, expanding one’s kitchen to make it big means the contractor will take that much more time to finish renovating it.
Lighting is perhaps one of the most important factors to consider when renovating one’s kitchen. While many people might prefer recessed lighting, top architects recommend that we use surface mounted fixtures that are attached to the ceiling through a grid. This is because the bulb is always below the height of the ceiling so the lighting is evener. This is unlike recessed lighting where it is more surgical. Furthermore, surface mounted fixtures are also more beautiful than recessed lighting.
When revamping the lighting of the kitchen, it is important to keep in mind that sometimes cabinets block the lighting from reaching the countertops. Therefore, it is important to have some under cabinet lighting as well. For this, it is important to have provisions for electrical points and outlets.
Home and Garden Articles1. Salient Information For Hiring Home Design Service
Author: Rick Lopez
2. Easy Tips To Maintain Your Artificial Lawn
Author: Tim Kennedy
3. Reasons You Require Emergency Garage Door Service In Washington Dc
4. Glass Replacement Sydney Made Easy
Author: Sarah Addyson
5. Emergency Glass Repair For Any Application
Author: Sarah Addyson
6. Get Back The Sparkle Of Your Sofa By Hiring Professional Sofa Cleaning Services
Author: Nikolay Milchev
7. What Are The Tips That A Homeowner Should Consider While They Are Installing A Wooden Fence?
Author: Blake Luby
8. Remodelling Your Living Room? Get The Tips On Selection Of The Colour Combinations Of Paints
Author: Shane Habib
9. What Is Commercial Cabinetry And Why Is It Necessary
Author: FL Moving
10. Decorate Your Home With Custom Woodcarving Doors!
Author: Glen Burrese
11. Why We Need High-quality Cannabis Seeds?
Author: Simon Gluck
12. 5 House Cleaning Tips To Follow In Salinas Ca
Author: Terra Cleaning Services
13. How Online Directory Helps You To Find The Right Service Providers Under A Single Roof?
Author: Cleo Davies
14. How Come Upholstery Cleaning Must Certainly Not Be Overlooked
15. Upholstery Cleaning - Enhancing Your Wellness