ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Some Tips On A Kitchen Renovation
Total Articles: 1
A well-planned kitchen has a lot of advantages. It leads to significant cost savings on maintenance, fewer injuries to homeowners and better time management. Having said that, renovating one’s kitchen is a daunting task and a challenging opportunity.
Below we discuss some helpful tips that might come in handy when going for a kitchen renovation.
The quick renovation
Most of us cannot afford a complete kitchen overhaul. This does not mean that we cannot greatly increase the look and feel of the kitchen by making some changes to the overall décor.
New appliances always add aesthetic value to any kitchen. A new fridge, cooktop, toaster or dishwasher not only look good in the kitchen but are a pleasure to use as well. Additionally, if the property is rental in nature, one can even claim depreciation in case of permanent fixtures.
One can always replace the kitchen benchtops if the joinery is in good condition. Replacing the benchtop helps in making a design statement since it is one of the most used and visible features of the kitchen.
Replacing the drawer fronts and the cupboard doors can add great value to the overall décor of the kitchen. Also, better lighting gives a modern look to the kitchen. Furthermore, painting the joinery adds more value to the overall aesthetic appeal of the kitchen.
Avoid adding extra space to your kitchen
Adding extra space to one’s kitchen by trying to expand it always ends up being an expensive affair. This is because any form of expansion almost always entails additional permits, framing, foundation work etc. Instead, it is advisable to find space within the original layout of the kitchen. This space could be reclaimed from an adjacent closet, sunroom, hallway etc. While it is true that large and open kitchens have their own distinct advantages, they may not always suit the requirements and needs of all individuals. One does not need very large kitchens to cook gourmet food. Furthermore, expanding one’s kitchen to make it big means the contractor will take that much more time to finish renovating it.
Lighting is perhaps one of the most important factors to consider when renovating one’s kitchen. While many people might prefer recessed lighting, top architects recommend that we use surface mounted fixtures that are attached to the ceiling through a grid. This is because the bulb is always below the height of the ceiling so the lighting is evener. This is unlike recessed lighting where it is more surgical. Furthermore, surface mounted fixtures are also more beautiful than recessed lighting.
When revamping the lighting of the kitchen, it is important to keep in mind that sometimes cabinets block the lighting from reaching the countertops. Therefore, it is important to have some under cabinet lighting as well. For this, it is important to have provisions for electrical points and outlets.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy