ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
A Few Big Trends In Game Console Industry
Total Articles: 225
As we enter the third quarter of the gaming calendar year, we will continue to count the hot spots in the 2014 gaming world. In this article, we'll delve into the field of game statistics for 2014, examining what is hot, what gaming consoles win "war," and how and to what extent game consoles players.
Whether it's the Xbox One, the PlayStation 4 or the Nintendo Wii U, the number of U.S. homes with game consoles is on the rise. In addition, statistics show that families with consoles have on average two systems. A total of about 114.4 million Americans play video games on game consoles - not even other gaming devices, such as personal computers, smartphones or other mobile technologies.
With so many game media to choose from, U.S. players are proving to be having more and more varied tastes. Of the households that own video game devices, 68% play games, 53% play smartphones and 41% play video games on wireless devices. Despite the rapid growth of the mobile gaming industry, it is not surprising that 63% of the console market is still in the gaming console segment.
Since its launch in November 2013, Sony has been the leader in the North American host market, but data shows the gap is narrowing. According to "Forbes" reported that Sony PS4 sales reached 700 million, while the Xbox One sales reached 5 million. However, numbers are not as close as loyalty in gaming consoles. 12% of American console players own PS4 consoles compared to 7% for Xbox One consoles and 6% for Wii U consoles. In addition, 30% of gamers in the United States plan to buy PS4 consoles, compared with 22% for the Xbox One and 10% for the Wii U. So far, Sony looks good.
Although 41% of U.S. adults own video games, the number of game consoles in the US console era has even dropped from 36% in 2005 to the present, fewer than a few years ago. Game consoles now account for 38% of national play time, up from 47% in 2011. For one of the reasons, gamers may differ from previous game consoles. In addition to playing games, video game players with game consoles also use it for other entertainment media: 50% watch movies on the console, 26% watch TV shows, 24% listen to music and 8% live content.
In addition to Madden, one of last year's five best-selling games, Grand Theft Auto 5, Call of Duty: Ghost, Crazy Rugby 25, Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4: The Black Flag, has one thing in common: ESRB. Of course it is not surprising to consider that three out of the five best-selling games of 2011 and 2012 are considered mature, but it does convinced us that we like games that carry blood, vulgar language and violence .
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Global Automatic Identification And Data Capture Market Trend
2. Your Roadmap To An Honest Mobile Application Development Tactic
Author: Emma Watson
3. Gan Power Device Market Segmentation, Opportunities, Trends & Future Scope To 2025
Author: Rajani Bele
4. Benefits Of Automated Office Management System For Medium Size Business
Author: Deepa Sharma
5. Microsoft Set To Reach $7 Billion In Quarterly Cloud Revenue, Amazon $6 Billion
Author: Aida Martin
6. Five Lte Advanced Pro Modules To Recommend
7. Global Application Platform Market Trend
8. Points To Keep In Mind While Hiring A Php Developers
Author: Vincent Bryan
9. Brief Understanding Of Refurbished Laptops
Author: Kelly Sanchez
10. Hashgraph Market Driver, Trends, Applications & Business Strategy Forecast 2025
Author: Kavita Joshi
11. Iphone Lcd Quality Breakdown Guide
Author: Mobile Sentrix
12. Mobile To Pc Text Transfer!
Author: Raza Shaikh
13. How Advance Pc Protector Software Delivers Outstanding Performance?
Author: august sin
14. $13.5 Million Worth Of Digital Token Stolen In Bancor, A Cryptocurrency Start-up
Author: Virus Removal
15. How Mobile App Developers Can Help Us To Define The Remarkable Future?