ALL >> Health >> View Article
Can Tooth Decay Cause Health Problems?
Total Articles: 84
Then it comes to tooth decay and overall health, remember that a single bad apple can damage the others. While it is quite uncommon for problems in the mouth affecting other parts of the body, there are certain conditions that can have a negative impact on your overall health when left untreated. One example is an abscessed tooth. Even if you do not have one now, it is important that you are aware of the potential consequences so you can keep yourself safe if it does affect you in the future.
The tooth abscess is an oral infection that affects the root or base of the tooth. It mostly develops from severe tooth decay and exhibits itself as a very bad toothache. Some of its most common symptoms include fever, bitter taste in the mouth, swollen jaw, pain when chewing, open sores in the gums, swollen neck glands and bad breath. Unfortunately, this infection is located in a part of the body that makes it easy to spread the damage to the other parts. Below are some of its effects.
• Infected gums that lead to jaw bone damage and cause the teeth to fall out
• Spread of infection upwards, leading to a sinus infection
• Infected jaw and face which is called Ludwig’s angina that can restrict the airways
• Spread of infection to the heart, leading to the development of bacterial endocarditis
• Deliver infection to the brain through blood vessels, leading to a brain abscess that can cause the patient to go to come in extreme cases
To avoid all the possible complications above, take care of your oral health. Avoid abscessed teeth by brushing and flossing daily, and regularly seeing your dentist. It also helps use an antiseptic mouthwash regularly. Your goal here is to prevent tooth decay that can lead to the tooth abscess. However, if the condition does happen to you, visit a medical professional as soon as you can to get it treated. The longer you leave it untreated, the more difficult and painful the treatment becomes.
Remember that your oral health is important for your whole body, not just for your teeth and gums. Taking care of your teeth is more than just taking care of a beautiful smile; it is also just as important for your overall well-being. If you fail to do so, you can expect to face serious medical consequences. Start making your oral health a top priority now by visiting a reputable dentist in your area to talk about oral health and how to keep it in tip-top shape at all times.
About D. Dental
D. Dental offers a range of general and cosmetic services in Castle Hills of Lewisville, Carrollton, and The Colony. Along with his team of professionals, Dr. Ryan Daniel ensures excellent services and world-class customer service at a reasonable price.
Health Articles1. The Aging Member And “manopause”: What Every Man Needs To Know
Author: John Dugan
2. Specialization In Sports By Youth & Orthopaedic Risks | Best Sports Medicine Doctor In Bangalore
3. How To Know The Most Important Thing To Look For When Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Morry Weiss
4. Order Ambien 10mg Online Cod For Sleep Disorder
Author: Ambien Online
5. Use An Android App For Online Doctors And Get Treated At Home!
Author: Abigail Kane
6. 5 Fun Learning Activities For Your Child With Autism | Centre For Autism In Bangalore
7. What Is Online Diazepam Generic (valium 10 Mg, 5 Mg) Cheap Prices?
Author: What is online Diazepam generic (Valium 10 mg, 5
8. Best Dental Clinic In Ranchi, Orthodontists In Ranchi - Dr. Narnoly's Dental Clinic
Author: narnoly dental
9. Everything That You Should Know About Dental Implant Surgery
Author: Dental Implantologist
10. Advantages Of A Pediatrician Over A Family Doctor
Author: Dexter Brown
11. Three Ways To Reduce Back Pain
Author: Leslie Trigg
12. What Is Sperm Freezing And What Is Its Importance?
Author: Rohini Devi
13. The Ultimate Guide - Drinking Protein Powder!
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
14. A Self-pleasuring Club: What To Expect
Author: John Dugan
15. True Motivation To Lose Weight