ALL >> Health >> View Article
5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Total Articles: 1
Experts at Green Valley Home Care company recommends seniors 5 healthy habits to booth their energy and vitality, which will not just benefit them but their entire family.
1. Stay Mentally Active
Mentally stimulating activities keep the mind sharp by warding off cognitive decline and memory loss and boost creativity and mental energy, which is as equally important as physical energy. You can encourage your loved one to try new games or learning something new like a language, skill, or music because stimulating the brain is both healthy and rewarding.
2. Do Energy Generating Exercises
Brisk walks are widely known to jump-start the metabolism. Aerobics exercises like jumping rope or dancing promote the circulation of oxygen throughout the body. Deep abdominal breathing like yoga or meditation activates the core muscles and the entire system.
3. Quit Smoking
Smoking is known to lead people to a number of dangerous diseases. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, it is the leading cause of incurable ailments and decreasing longevity in the country. Quitting smoking can significantly reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, enhance senses if smell and taste, ease breathing issues and above all, boost overall health and energy.
4. Consume High Protein Foods
If your loved one feels tired and sleepy after having a meal featuring bread and pasta, the carbohydrates in the meal produce serotonin in the body that makes them feel sleepy. Instead, you can count on lean proteins like tuna, chicken or turkey with spinach or quinoa. Hard-boiled eggs also boost protein levels are high in vitamins B and D. Edamame contains more than seven grams of protein. If you are looking for healthy fats, protein, and fiber all-in-one, pumpkin seeds are a good choice to keep seniors feeling full and energized longer.
5. Get Plenty of Sleep
Sleep issues, like insomnia and frequent walking, are often age-related and cause daytime sleepiness and loss of energy. Incorporating good sleep habits can help eliminate such issues. Green Valley Home Care providers suggest seniors going to bed when they feel tired as well as developing soothing bedtime practices, making the bedroom comfortable, dark and quiet, and avoiding interaction with technology for at least an hour before bed.
If your busy schedule prevents you from caring for your senior loved ones, turn to Green Valley Home Care Agency to allow your loved one follow healthy habits to reach overall health goals and boost energy levels, and age in the comfort of home with family and cherished memories.
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018