ALL >> Others >> View Article
Assisted Living Vs Nursing Homes
Total Articles: 5
Assisted living and nursing home facilities are completely two different medical care facilities where individuals get more freedom during their stay at assisted living facilities with moderated medical care, whereas nursing homes provide skilled and state of the art medical facilities. If you have to decide between the two there are some criteria to be considered like the nature of living style, the facilities that may be called for during a home stay and most importantly the type of medical care needed.
The main differences between a nursing home care and assisted living facility are:
1. Whereas in a nursing home a senior is provided with specialty medical care that include timely medication and round the clock monitoring and emergency attention, that is not the case in an assisted living community.
2. Nursing homes provide institutional care which comes through trained professionals, but in assisted living the care is somewhat an upscale apartment type. Whereas a senior has the freedom to stay at an assisted living community all alone within the ambulance of a suite or apartment, in nursing homes an occupant may be required to share a room with another person.
3. Coming to the financial aspect, it may be said that when it comes to long term medical care where the cost of such care can be covered by Medicare, nursing homes may be the best option, although Medicaid may be used in case of assisted living, but to a limited extent of coverage, which may not suffice in some cases.
But there are also similarities between assisted living and nursing care facilities like:
1. Managing the medications that seniors have to follow on a daily basis
2. Offer facilities that can help to enrich the life of seniors and which are tailor made to meet their spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
3. Both these communities help a senior to stay within a secured environment where adults get the support of handrails and other devices to keep themselves safe.
4. Both offer support services that include housekeeping and other daily household chores.
5. Adults who may be struggling at home to prepare food for themselves get nutritious and well balanced meals and snacks when staying at either a nursing care or assisted living facility.
Hope this article will help you to take an informed decision on whether to choose an assisted living community or a nursing home facility.
For more info please visite - https://www.assisted-living-facilities.net/blog/assisted-living-vs-nursing-homes
Others Articles1. Who Is The Best Supplier Of Lmi Pumps?
Author: Eric Gadin
2. Career Opportunity In C++
Author: Karan Singh
3. The Best Refrigerators For Your Restaurant From Excellent Commercial Kitchen Suppliers
Author: Joseph Rubino
4. What Are Chemical Metering Pumps? Where Can I Buy One?
Author: Eric Gadin
5. Equipment Used In Road Building Today
Author: Brad Richards is the author of this article
6. Pneumatic On-off Valve: The Classification And Features
Author: Deborah Gillis
7. How Trained Furniture Removalists Make Your Move Easier
Author: Riley Evans
8. Key Metrics To Track In A Dental Practice Management
Author: John Bose
9. Dr. Max Citrin Leader In Anti-aging & Sports Medicine In Palm Beach
10. How To Understand Indian Vedic Astrology
11. The Use Of Puppy Muzzle Should Be Started From This Age!
Author: John Hurt
12. Role Of Extended Producers Responsibility In Decreasing The Amount Of Waste
13. How To Safely Use A Nail Gun
Author: Michael Foley
14. Printing Impressions
Author: ABC Print Room
15. 5 Helpful Tips For Purchasing The Right Enerpac Cylinders
Author: William Hanes