ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
Total Articles: 9
Public cloud hosting is perhaps the most popular and widely used model of cloud computing. Here, computing resources are made available to the people through a big resource pool which is jointly shared by many servers. The resources are provided through a virtualized environment using the Internet. Public cloud hosting is therefore distinct from private cloud hosting where there is a distinct cloud to cater to a single organization exclusively. The public cloud is designed to cater to multiple clients and use a shared infrastructure.
Public Cloud vs. Private Cloud:
The public cloud is based upon a shared infrastructure that is operated and owned by a third party which is the cloud services provider. This model is found to be best suited for the medium sized and small sized companies which typically experience fluctuating demands of traffic. The main advantage of signing up for public cloud hosting is that you can enjoy on-demand scalability of resources. You also have to pay only for resources that you use and nothing extra. Since the infrastructure is collectively shared by many users, it is possible to enjoy the benefits of a pay-as-you-use approach.
The private cloud, on the other hand, offers a dedicated infrastructure for a single business alone. It can be either hosted on-premise or on the data center belonging to the vendor. This cloud computing model is known for offering scalability, agility and efficiency just like the public cloud but is far more secure. It is best suited for the larger companies which must deal with confidential data and have stringent regulations. With the private cloud, you can even customize storage and computing needs to cater to your specific requirements.
When you choose the hybrid cloud model you can get the best features of both these two types of cloud computing. This model lets you integrate features of both and leverage the best from each model to cater to your specific business goals. So, you may use the public cloud for all routine and non-sensitive tasks, while keeping the critical tasks for the private cloud.
The best examples of public cloud hosting are cloud storage solutions, cloud-based development environment and online applications. Both businesses and even individuals can benefit from public cloud hosting because they do not need elaborate infrastructure or security.
Advantages of public cloud hosting:
• With the public cloud, you get to enjoy instant resource scalability and applications on your site may run smoothly even when there are fluctuations in traffic.
• With public cloud hosting, you get to enjoy cost-savings because you neither have to buy hardware for data storage; nor, hire IT staff to maintain these. The centralized management of underlying resources is jointly shared by many clients. Besides, most vendors make you pay only for resources which you use. So, the utility pricing structure works to any business’s advantage.
• Since there are many servers and networks participating in the public cloud, you can be confident of redundancy. So, even if any part fails to run properly, the services are not affected because the remaining parts take its place.
• Finally, with public loud hosting, you can access data from any place on the globe so long as you have an Internet connection. Cloud hosting services of this kind helps to improve collaboration and productivity at the workplace.
Web Hosting Articles1. Why Is Website Monitoring Important For Your Business?
2. Limitations Of Advertising On Mobile
3. 7 Things To Consider Before Moving Your Business To Cloud Technology
Author: Andrew Stevenson
4. How To Manage Website Downtime
5. Linux Dedicated Server – A Server To Boost Business Performance
6. 4 Essential Tips To Consider While Choosing The Web Host That's Right For You
Author: sumit gadre
7. Top 5 Reasons Why Your Site Needs Website Monitoring
8. Benefits Of Outsourcing Wordpress Development Services To Ossmedia
Author: Brett Dawson
9. Web Host At A Look And Comparison
Author: Davis Butler
10. Top 5 Dedicated Server Hosting Providers In India
Author: Aman Singh
11. Best Linux Hosting Services Starting At $0.59 Per Month
Author: Martina henderson
12. Best Online Application For Hassle-free Downloading Of Youtube Video
Author: John C Goering
13. Go For Ssd Vps Faster Loading Time Starts At $7.99 Per Month
Author: Martina henderson
14. Starting Your Web Hosting Business
15. Business Consulting In Raipur