ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Total Articles: 8
First and foremost, there are a few things which will influence your decision on which golf course you would like to play...
1. Location e.g. how far is it from those wanting to play and is it easy to reach
2. Do they offer good value and reasonable green fees
3. Is the course suitable for your game e.g. Do I need to be a single figures handicap to enjoy it
4. Does the club offer good food and catering facilities
5. Is the Course and Greens in good condition?
6. How were you welcomed and treated well
At last count, there were over 50 websites in the UK that provide some kind of golf course directory within their website. There are some that also offer handicap tracking, some that game arranging facilities and one which can help you find a golf partner in your area. However, not all websites offer a review option, so try to find one that does...
In addition, in recent years, there has been a huge growth in a new phenomenon – The Online Golf Club – this is arguably a real sea change for the industry, as it begs the question... "Do we need golf clubs anymore?" The answer to that is of course we do, as golfers will always like to 'compete' but will traditional 'Bricks & Mortar' clubs, be replaced by 'Virtual' golf clubs?
In the meantime, some of the best golf course guides available on the internet right now include:
- The Social Golfer
- UK Golf Guide
- Golf Now
- Golf Societies UK
- Golf Today
- The Golf Guide
- Golf Course Guides
- Today's Golfer
Of course, each and every website will provide its own unique way of presenting this data but ideally, you will look for a site that allows you to see up to date information and one that is maintained well by its staff and followers. That said, it key that you don't expect too much, as it is a mammoth task to keep a directory with over 40K+ golf course worldwide up to date.
With this in mind, here are a few key criteria by which we would judge the quality of a good golf course guide...
1. Does the golf guide cover all the courses in the UK and Abroad
2. Does it provides golf club contact information and telephone numbers
3. Does it provide location details including maps
4. Can you gather course and scorecard information
5. Does the guide provide golf course reviews, left by fellow golfers
Obviously, these are just some of the information that should be provided to you but a very good golf course guide would also provide you with an option to see images of the course – loaded up by users and webmasters.
I guess the real advantage to the nomadic golfer is that over time, this is taking the power away from the clubs and putting it back into the hands of the consumer. I predict that within the next ten years, the golf industry as we know it will look vastly different to the one we see today. With most golf clubs being judged on how they treat visitors and guests and on how they are reviewed online – much the way the restaurant and travel business has become reliant on the likes of Trip Advisor.
Of course, there will always be the need for a golf club to promote themselves commercially via attractive offers on membership, green fees etc but ultimately golf clubs will live and die by the golf course reviews they receive from visiting golfers and on the experience they receive while in the presence of the club staff and golf professionals.
Finally, as with most industries, whilst the numbers of golf course guides available is still growing, we believe in the long run, there will be three or four keys websites will win out.
Ian was Marketing Director of The London and Manchester Golf Show in 2012-2015; he has also worked with Crown Golf, The William Hunt Trilby Tour, The Altonwood Group and many other golf brands. Ian can be your best golf course guide.
Sports Articles1. Pleasure Horse Riding: What Do I Have To Know To Start With?
2. The Advantages Of Horse Riding For Your Children
3. How You Can Benefit From Horse Riding Physically
4. How Recreational Horse Riding A Smart Way To Relax
5. Understanding The Advantages Of Riding
6. A Number Of The Many Advantages Horses May Bring To Your Daily Life
7. Just What Is A Gaited Horse?
8. Cycle Shops Adelaide
Author: cycle shops adelaide
9. 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice
Author: Brett Rainbow
10. Houston: Basketball Virtual Coaching
Author: Houston Basketball Coaching
11. Is Houston Really Famous For Basketball Training?
Author: Hoops Lessons
12. What Next For Roger, Novak And Rafael
Author: Praveen Kumar
13. Right Approach To Study Maps For Having Better And Fun Fishing Experience In Port O’ Connor
Author: Murray Martin
14. Spearfishing Gear For Sale Only At European Outdoors
Author: Chris Roy
15. Free All Blacks Vs Wallabies Live Stream