ALL >> Health >> View Article
His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Total Articles: 1138
When "red male organ" refers to a tumescent member that is a glowing red due to an influx of blood, it’s a thing a man tends to be proud of. But when "red male organ" describes a blotchy red rash, typically on the head of the manhood, it indicates a troubling member health issue.
Often this latter kind of red male organ means that balanitis is present; while an annoyance, most men know that it’s nothing too serious. But when a woman encounters this blotchy red male organ, she is likely to be concerned that it may be something that could adversely affect her own health. This article is intended to explain balanitis to her.
Balanitis is something that occurs in between 3% and 11% of all men at some time - but it is much more common among men (and boys) whose prepuce is intact. Most men who are circumcised do not get balanitis - but it is possible. But this means balanitis is more rarely seen in populations in which circumcision is widely practiced.
Balanitis is typically known by the red blotches that almost always occur on the head of the member. It often itches, and there may be swelling (beyond that which occurs when in a tumescent state), pain or even a discharge associated with it. If a man has balanitis that is also on the prepuce, the portion on the prepuce is referred to as balanoposthitis.
So why does a guy get this red male organ condition? In most cases, it is due to improper hygiene - but women should realize that improper hygiene does not always mean inadequate hygiene.
Yes, often balanitis does present because a man has not washed adequately. If a man does not wash enough, bacteria may grow which cause inflammation.
But sometimes it can be due washing the member too much! If a man washes too often, especially with a soap with harsh chemicals in it, that may bring about the inflammation.
In some instances, it’s not that the man is washing infrequently; instead, he may not be retracting his prepuce frequently enough. If the prepuce remains unretracted for long stretches at a time, lack of aeration can bring about balanitis.
There also can be other causes. For example, diabetes is associated with balanitis, as are some medications.
Preventing balanitis, of course, depends upon the cause. Since hygiene is often a major factor, a guy needs to be sure he is following proper hygiene practices. These include:
- Washing the member regularly with a mild soap that is free of harsh chemicals or fragrances;
- Pulling back the prepuce and washing underneath as well;
- Drying the manhood (including underneath the prepuce) after showering or bathing;
- Retracting the prepuce for it to "air out" as needed;
- Washing (including under the prepuce) after partner sensual activity and after self-stimulating.
Assuming the cause of the red male organ is balanitis, treatment involves good hygiene (such as mentioned above), plus keeping the skin hydrated. If the condition persists, consulting a doctor is necessary to determine if the assumption of balanitis is correct and to explore other treatment options.
A red male organ due to balanitis is inconvenient but is not usually serious, but women should encourage their men to keep an eye on their male organ health. One way to do this is to regularly apply a first rate male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best options include both a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E) to keep the skin moisturized. The crème should also include vitamin C, which helps in production of collagen and is beneficial for manhood skin tone and elasticity.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal