ALL >> Service >> View Article
Guide To Wordpress Security & Wordpress Themes And Plugins
Total Articles: 8
WordPress was just a single bit of code used by a handful of people for blogging. Now it’s the largest self-hosted website building tool in the world.
And refreshingly, WordPress is available freely to anyone: it’s Open Source, meaning it’s built, run and owned by the community. Anyone can contribute by offering Wp support, writing patches and plugins or creating themes.
Unfortunately, there are those who enter the WordPress community with criminal intent. Thousands of WordPress websites are hacked every day, and not just minor ones.
Serving up Viruses
WordPress is actually pretty secure out of the box, but its Plugins, Themes and Custom Code with PHP code written by all manner of developer massively increases its exploitable vulnerabilities. Indeed, by far the majority of WordPress sites are weakness in WordPress are due to poor software, flaws in the interaction with WP or web server errors, rather than through a vulnerability in the Core platform.
A hacked website can be modified to serve up viruses to its visitors, catching vulnerable visitors whose own computer security wasn’t up to date. Viruses then allow the visitor’s computer to be used for the same purposes – and some others. For example, some viruses will encrypt all your files, and decrypt them only upon payment of a ransom, i.e. “ransomware”. Or they may inject new adverts into every web page you visit, making money for either the sellers of advertising space or the sellers of the advertised products. They may log clicks and keypresses on the computer and capture valuable passwords, e.g. for online banking.
Sadly, insecure websites are economically valuable. Weak passwords, un-updated plugins, etc., provide ways for the bad guys to use your computing resources to make money. The costs of breaking in are less than the revenues they can make, so hacking is a profitable activity
Even if the cost isn’t financial, a cyberattack could knock your SEO ranking, making it harder for customers to find you. It will also give your reputation a nasty blow, as people lose confidence in you and your brand. Google is very vigilant when it comes to sites that have been attacked, and it doesn’t discriminate: “Safe Browsing shows people more than 5 million warnings per day for all sorts of malicious sites and unwanted software, and discovers more than 50,000 malware sites and more than 90,000 phishing sites every month.” And don’t underestimate the emotional cost.
Use the latest version of WordPress and WordPress Themes and Plugins
Making sure that you always install the latest, updated versions for WordPress Core plus Themes and Plugins as they’re released is by far the easiest and most important way to shore up your security and functionality whist avoiding bugs.
Only Install Good WordPress Themes and Plugins Be extremely cautious with the WordPress Themes and Plugins you install, as many of these are insecure, hacked, bloated or out-of-date.
Service Articles1. Tips For Maintaining Your Home Foundation.
2. Move Safely And Smoothly: Look For The Best Packers And Movers In Delhi
Author: Ritesh Kumar
3. Cbd Movers – Established Movers Sunshine
Author: Stella Williams
4. Naturally Economical Air Cooling
Author: Tina Singh
5. How To Fix Mcafee Antivirus Error Code 12152?
Author: Aida Martin
6. 4 Decoration Ideas Using Rose Petals
Author: Whole Blossoms
7. Why Led Lights Are Most Ideal Choice For Commercial Use?
Author: PARAM LED LLP
8. Apply These 9 Secret Techniques To Improve Hvac System Efficiency!
9. Contact Hp Technical Support Number When You Facing Hp Issues
Author: Mack Manuel
10. Organize Your Business Processes With Effective Wifi Networking Systems
11. Get Professional Pest Control Noida Service At Best Price
12. Top 10 Bim Future Trends- Significantly Growing In 2018
13. Why Rely On A Commercial Locksmith To Create A Secure Space For Your Business?
Author: Benjamin Kessell
14. The Ultimate Guide On Carpet Cleaning Drying Time
Author: Rod Lee
15. Keep Your Indoor Cool And Electricity Bill Low With Professional Air Conditioning Repair Services
Author: Cool Times