ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Role Of The Social Work Organizations In The Lives Of Elderly
Total Articles: 60
Social work organizations or NGO (Non-Governmental Organization)s are the first to occur when we think of people who live for others. A world where the population of elderly people dominate requires such organizations. We are aware of the conditions that a person getting older goes through very well. A majority of the older people in a family are either abandoned or are deprived of the care and attention that they need.
This is when that the Social Work Organizations prove to be of a huge support to the senior citizens. The fundamental aim of an NGO is to provide a basic support to the people especially the senior citizens in need.
Looking at the various assistance provided by the NGOs to the elderly
Elder Health Care- Health care support is one of the most important aids for the elderly because people of an older age is much likely to have a weaker immune system and are much likely to be caught up in chronic diseases like asthma, diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hypertension etc. The NGOs provide all the necessary treatment to the elders. Some NGOs even provide the health care to elders who want to receive it at the comfort of their own home.
Providing Shelter- Elders who have been abandoned by their families are often forced to beg and stay on the streets. The NGOs try to rescue all the senior citizens living under such conditions and provide them with a shelter where they are given all the necessary care they require.
Proper Meals- The NGOs take special care of the meals of the elderly. Providing adequate and sufficient amount of food is their prime concern. There are NGOs who even go to the elderly and provide groceries and other food items to the poor elderly people.
Protection against violence- Elders who need protection against violence are also taken care of by the NGOs. Since, elders are vulnerable and cannot defend themselves in the cases of attack or violence; they are much likely to be targeted. In such cases, the NGOs provide protection of their lives and possessions.
Taking care of the widows- There are widows all over the country who are often the victims of negligence and disregard by their own families. Researches show that there are more than fifteen thousand widows living in the holy city Vrindavan migrated from various states like Assam, West Bengal and many other. There are NGOs specifically working on the issues that are faced by the widows like social exclusion, poverty, isolation etc.
NGOs or try not only to provide the elders with better living conditions but they also aim at creating an environment where they feel free, happy and comfortable. They even get to participate in various activities like music, various physical exercises, art, games and many more.
The older generation of today are given their much needed support and care by the Social Work Organizations. They make sure that the days in the lives of an older person are embellished with the love and respect that they deserve.
Social Community Articles1. Differences Between Formal And Informal Social Control
Author: Glynna Thomas
2. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
3. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
4. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
5. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
6. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
7. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
8. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
9. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
10. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
11. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
12. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
13. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
14. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
15. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya