ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
All About Temple Jewelry In India
Total Articles: 112
The royal design of temple jewelry first originated in the 9th century and formed a valuable part of South India’s cultural heritage. The unique royal design is offered to adorn the idols of Gods and Goddesses in the temples; as a result, it got its name.
Temple jewelry gained heightened popularity during the 16th century reigns of great dynasties such as the Pandya, the Chola, and the Vijayanagara. Talented and professional goldsmiths and artisans were hired to craft temple jewelry accessories for kings, queens, and the aristocrats.
What is the uniqueness of Temple Jewelry?
The most admired conventional designs consist of floral shapes, birds and statuettes of gods and goddesses, which are strung together with precious metals such as pure gold, silver, diamonds, and others and are crafted with techniques which add shine to such jewelry like kundan, polka and meenakari.
Precious and semi-precious stones are used in both cut and uncut forms to endow a classic look to the jewelry. Use of uncut precious stones offers an impressive touch to the outward display of temple jewelry.
Temple Jewelry Pieces – Types and Usage
Temple jewelry is trendy nowadays and is available in various forms according to the requirements of the buyers. Hence, it is divided into two main categories
• Regular temple jewelry –
Women mainly wear these during traditional occasions, festivals and on ordinary days to attain a poised, glamorous, elegant and fashionable look. Some of the usually used jewelry on such occasions include earrings, chains, chokers, bracelets, bangles, necklaces, rings and toe rings.
• Occasional temple jewelry –
Classical dancers and brides adorn this to attain a divine, glamorous and unique look. Some of the commonly used jewelry on such occasions includes anklets, armlets, hair accessories, waist belt, hip chain and nose rings.
Temple jewelry’s exclusive designs, eternal history, and desirable good fortune make it a treasured part of Indian jewelry market. Due to this worth of the jewelry, it is quite pricey than other styles of jewelry.
The demand for temple jewelry has increased manifold due to the ever-increasing prestige of them. Buy temple jewellery designs online at Pipabella. We has the largest collection of South Indian bridal jewellery sets, South Indian jewellery online shopping, South Indian wedding jewellery online: http://bit.ly/2mcc1UW
Pipa + Bella is a revolutionary fast-fashion accessories company offering the latest trends through a unique social shopping experience!
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 7 Reasons To Buy An Organic Pillow
2. How To Choose The Right Pillow?
3. All You Need To Know About Microfiber Pillows
4. Essential Muay Thai Boxing Equipment
Author: Sahah Chan
5. 5 Tips For Buying Designer Sarees
Author: Ritu Batra
6. Make Your Personality Impressive With Formal Shirts Online
7. What You Check For Purchasing Ladies Jutti?
Author: Purely Lush
8. Reasons To Opt Smart Tv For Your Home
9. Be More Trendier With Handcrafted Leather Sandals For Men & Women
Author: Nick Marius
10. Fashion Earrings To Make A Distinctive Fashion Statement
11. Make A Fashion Statement With Fashion Rings
12. Fashion Is Your Friend: Use The Beaded Necklaces To Highlight Your Clothing
13. Best Tips To Finding Jade Rings
14. Need A Fashion Change? Jade Beads Might Help
15. Jade Necklace - An Item Of Beauty And Elegance