ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Importance Of Continuous Integration In Salesforce Development
Total Articles: 1
Continuous Integration (CI) for Salesforce is an act of integrating all the code written by developers on Salesforce several times a day with a shared mainline. Once the code is checked-in, it is then tested with an automated build, which is triggered every time code is checked-in to the shared mainline. Continuous Integration is a strict process that fails a bad build. The CI practice detects errors early so that only the quality code gets deployed into the Salesforce production environment. The CI practice enables Continuous Delivery of Salesforce applications, which encompass complex metadata.
Benefits of Continuous Integration during Salesforce development
1. Coordination among teams: Continuous Integration allows the Salesforce developers to coordinate among the team members while integrating code into a shared repository. All this contributes to filling the gaps among the teams and breaking silos. Such coordination and collaboration is the key premise of DevOps.
2.No over-written code: in the CI process, though developers work on their own independent instances, ultimately the code is committed to one common mainline which prevents the code being over-written.
3.Real-time feedback: Continuous Integration thrives on the principle of failure first. The developers get the results regarding the efficiency of the code as soon as they commit it to the shared team repository. If the code is broken or if it has an error, the entire team would be alerted. This also sets the stakes high in terms of the quality of the code. The more frequently the code is committed, the more frequent is the feedback.
4.Reduces the need for regular meetings: Continuous Integration eliminates the need for constant follow-up meetings by the management with the development teams as they would know at what stage is the project.
5.Promotes transparency: CI provides transparency and traceability for the entire Salesforce development team into the progress of the project.
AutoRABIT, an end-to-end Continuous Delivery suite for Salesforce, enables the Salesforce development teams to work collaboratively with its powerful CI framework.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Big Data And Its Impact On The Fashion Industry
Author: Vivek Ghai
2. How Bus Api Integration Helps Travel Portals
3. How To Build An Insurance App?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
4. Pharmaceutical Jobs In Europe
Author: Pharmaceutical Jobs in Europe
5. Do Not Install Your Central Vacuum With The Wrong Pipes!
6. Advantages Of Etl Tool In Big Data Management
Author: Adam Smith
7. Defining The Popular Android App Trends For Year 2018
8. Agreement Initiated For Proper Performance Of Company
Author: James Blake
9. Our Hyperledger Blockchain Services
Author: Tokyo Techie
10. How To Use Augmented Reality And Virtual Reality In Education Industry?
Author: Amit Tiwari
11. Ways How Excess Use Of Mobile Phone Affects Your Health And Life
Author: Jason Bower
12. All About Computer Networks
13. How Much Money It To Build An App Beyond Developmental Expenditure
Author: Emma Watson
14. Revitalize Your Brand With ‘social Listening’ - Call Center Software
15. Automatic Dialer- Enhance Bottom Line