ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Need Of Elderly Care Help In India
Total Articles: 60
As India has grown up to be a much modern and state of the art country that promises of development further in terms of every possible aspects in the future. But there is something that is often left behind is the necessity for elderly care help. There are although, NGOs working for the betterment of the older people, but they cannot reach every individual going through some sort of crisis.
Oftentimes, elders living under the roof of their own house and own people are also wronged within the family. They neither can stand against nor seek help from elsewhere. Abuse not necessarily has to always do with relating to the body. Abuse usually is done by the people who have won the trust of the elders like caregivers, attenders, venders, tenants or neighbours. If you have an elder member in the family, it is important to identify the different types of abuse and their warning signs.
Healthcare Abuse- This is one such act of dishonesty by the personnel pertaining to the healthcare department like doctors, nurses, hospital or nursing home staff etc. Unprofessionalism in terms of wrong treatment, needless procedures like surgeries, tests etc. for getting extra charges, not providing services they have charged for etc.
Mental/Emotional Abuse- Mental abuse is done by threatening or intimidating the elderly whereas emotional abuse is caused by ill treatment usually by the members of their own family. With the growing age, people tend to become brittle in terms of emotions causing absolute distress which often results in chronic physical diseases.
Financial Abuse- A majority of the elderly people in India live on their own in cases like children settled overseas or denied by family, are often the one to be preyed on. Since, it is assumed that they are feeble to fight for their own rights they are often exploited financially by theft, robbery, illegitimate use of their properties, hacking of their bank accounts, false signatures and so on.
Physical Abuse- Physical abuse with the elderly is one of the most hostile of acts. People who happen to be witnessing such cruelty try to raise their voice against it and reach out to the NGOs and the government for rescuing the victim. But, the physical suffering leaves an enduring scar on the minds of the elderly often preventing them from recovery.
The social media these days has a great impact in getting justice against all sorts of abuse or offence against the law. But that's a time taking process and these conisations need immediate attention. NGOs providing home support for the elderly who have been abused, try to cure through the entire experience of abuse by attending to all their needs be it health emergencies, recovering financial loss and every other.
There are approximately 77 million older people in India today and a majority of them have either gone or are still going through violence and abuse. Being the citizens of a developing country, we must take initiatives in coming forward for the elders of the nation.
Social Community Articles1. Differences Between Formal And Informal Social Control
Author: Glynna Thomas
2. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
3. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
4. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
5. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
6. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
7. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
8. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
9. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
10. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
11. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
12. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
13. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
14. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
15. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya