ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Do You Know How To Protect Your Credit Card While Accessing Net Bank?
Total Articles: 1170
Credit cards have become very important in the present times. It is plastic money which comes with its own perks. Now, one can carry a credit card in India to make payments at shops, malls, grocery stores and restaurants. Credit cards are being widely used for the purpose of making online payments. One can use his credit card to pay bills online, recharge mobile phones and even shop anything from clothes to electronics online. Net banking has made life easier for all. Transactions can be easily done online without physically visiting the bank and queuing up for depositing or withdrawing cash and transferring money from one account to another.
Though credit cards have made life easier for all of us there are certain things one must be careful about including cyber crimes and credit card hacking. There are several simple precautions and ways through which one can assure that his credit card is safe while making online transactions. These include the following:
1. Individuals who access their bank accounts through net banking must assure that they have the latest updated version of anti-virus software on their devices. This will prevent any hacking.
2. Sometimes one may have to access his account through a shared computer. In such a case there are chances that the password and pin of your credit card may be hacked. In order to avoid this cyber experts do recommend usage of a virtual keyboard to fill-in the pin details to avoid any instance of hacking.
3. Instant updates via SMS and e-mails are provided by banks when the customer’s credit card is used for a transaction. To avail this facility to protect your credit card the customer must keep his contact details up to date and notify the bank in case there is a change in the mobile number or e-mail ID. In case an individual’s card has been fraudulently used he will immediately know if his details are up to date.
4. OTPs or one time passwords are generated to make online transactions safe and easy. If one has a credit card in India and wishes to make an online transaction, he is provided with an OTP through which the transaction is completed, after he provides his credit card number and transaction details. This is an effective way of protecting the credit card pin because the OTP is for single time use and is known only to the customer.
5. One must never provide his confidential credit card details such as the maximum limit, pin and security question answer to any individual or a website which may ask for such details in the pretext of providing lucky draw gifts or jackpot prizes or unbelievably attractive offers.
Thus, by following the tips mentioned above one can assure that his credit card continues to be safe while accessing their bank account online and making transactions.
Author Bio:- Neha Sharma is a finance student who loves to write in her free time. She has spent considerable time researching about usage and security of credit card in India and ways to protect credit cards while making online transactions.
Investing / Finance Articles1. No Credit Check Faxless Payday Loans
2. Understanding Corporate Debt Restructuring In India
Author: Aniket Vichare
3. Tips To Know Before Applying For A Personal Loan By Srg
Author: srg housing
4. The Ultimate Guide To Cryptocurrency Wallet
5. Buy And Sell Mutual Fund Online | Moneytreesolution
6. Can I Get A Loan Despite Bad Credit Unemployment?
7. Advantages Of Binance Crypto Exchange
8. Payday Loans For People On Benefits Direct Lenders - 100% Online Decision
Author: Hamish Rutherford
9. Best Mcx Commodity Tips Provider In India
10. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
11. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
12. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
14. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
15. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah