ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
Total Articles: 17
The question often arises for businesses whether to opt for cheap dedicated server or fully managed dedicated server.
Yes, a provider that can offer fully managed dedicated server along with physical firewall configurations can be a boon to any business.
As one IT manager rightly put it, “With managed dedicated server I get a service that is truly single tenant, secured and backed with top class technical support”.
In today’s business scenario, dedicated servers offer the following compelling benefits.
High Performance Compute
If you have been on a shared server plan, you might have experienced restrictions specifically related to bandwidth usage.
Switch to even a cheap dedicated server and you will see a transformational difference on the performance front. You will be able to deploy new apps, initiate better feeds and take your website to a new level.
Think again. Is slow page loading affecting your business?
Are pages timing out due to server overloads?
If your answer is yes, then you need an upgrade.
VPS or virtual private server is usually the next step for an upgrade. But you may well skip it and move on straight to dedicated server. After all you need a server to support your most demanding applications.
You experience better security too. You can easily change over configurations, deploy new software and fine-tune resources to meet your needs.
In case you decide to opt for dedicated server hosting, the vendor will deploy highly secured servers reserved for your use only and in all probability located in one of the state-of-the-art data centers.
The vendor will also provide SLAs, guaranteeing among other things, 99.99% availability to go with your business requirements.
But here is a caveat.
If you are looking for cheap dedicated server hosting, keep in mind a few mistakes that you must sidestep.
Do not compare specs alone
There is no harm if you compare quotes from vendors with similar specs.
But for evaluating the vendors you must go beyond specs.
“Specs are of no value to me if the server goes down”, says an IT company official. “Power and network redundancy is crucial to ensure near to 100% availability”.
Different vendors have servers with different specs. Some hosts provide a comprehensive list of different configurations. So choose carefully.
So here is what you must look for.
• SLA that includes 100% power and network uptime
• N+1 network redundancy
• N+1 power redundancy
• High quality network and server hardware associates
• Dedicated high speed bandwidth and high data transfer
Also keep in mind that dedicated servers can be a sizeable security risk if not managed properly. If you do not have in-house technical expertise, it is better to buy a plan that includes managed dedicated server hosting.
Remember however that opting for a managed package means spending extra money. The initial setup and configuration costs may run high, but vendors have the necessary resources to take care of the configuration, internet connectivity and large amount of power to keep the server running.
Whether you are looking for Linux or Windows dedicated server hosting, it is important that the host must be able to safeguard mission critical operations during disaster situations.
Web Hosting Articles1. Top 5 Reasons Why Choose C# Development Services?
Author: Techno Softwares
2. Orpov Technologies
3. Web Hosting: A Guide For Beginners
Author: Gary Martin
4. Demand Of Ssl Certificates In Today Era
Author: Gaurav Maniar
5. Register Your Domain Name In Dubai ?
6. Get Top Web Hosting Co. In Dubai ?
7. Few Reasons Why Https Should Be Enabled On Your Website?
8. How Cheap Vps Hosting Services In India Are Benefitting The Small Businesses?
9. Business Validation Ssl: Make Your Organization’s Presence Felt
Author: Gaurav Maniar
10. Risks Involved If Ssl Certificate Is Not Installed On Your Website
Author: Jitendra Raulo
11. Understanding Ssl Certificate Authentication
Author: Gaurav Maniar
12. 4 Simple Reasons Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Site
Author: Andrew Stevenson
13. Website Monitoring - Additional Features Provided By Good Service Providers
14. Using Web Monitoring Service To Track Downtime And Improve Site Speed
15. Why You Should Use Real User Monitoring