ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Total Articles: 60
You'd certainly have great expectations when you're holidaying in New York, and it won't disappoint you a bit. This global power city is often described by many as the financial and cultural capital of the world and gets millions of tourists from different parts of the globe every year. Most of them arrive in this city to experience its diverse offerings in art, fashion, dining, and shopping. You can make your time spent in New York truly memorable by exploring its world-famous attractions:
1. Statue of Liberty: This signature monument of the United States of America is among the world's largest statues and weighs about 450,000 pounds. It was built in the year 1886 and can be best explored during your New York holidays with a boat trip to Liberty Island. If you wish to get to its crown, you'll have to make a pre-purchase of tickets as they sell out fast, especially in the peak season.
2. 9/11 Memorial and Museum: Not only the Americans but the entire world witnessed the destruction of World Trade Center's twin towers on September 11, 2001. The memorial and museum is a tribute to nearly 3,000 people who were killed in the attacks. It comprises of two square-shaped reflecting pools built at the place where the twin towers once stood. The museum is located between the two pools and features artefacts, videos, and photos that narrate the events of 9/11 and their aftermath.
3. Central Park: Spread across a vast area of 341 hectares, this urban park was established in 1857 and is now managed by the Central Park Conservancy. You can make your cheap New York holidays memorable by taking a walk or enjoy a carriage ride through the pathways, savouring all the delightful sights on the way. Among the prominent attractions are Strawberry Fields, Belvedere Castle, and the Central Park Zoo.
4. Metropolitan Museum of Art: Visited by more than 7 million visitors in the year 2016, this museum is the largest American art museum featuring over 2 million works in its permanent collection. Many of the New York all inclusive holidays include visits to Metropolitan Museum of Art, popularly known as 'the Met'. The collections of the museum include Egyptian art, American decorative arts, musical instruments, costumes, and much more, spanning a period of 5,000 years.
5. Brooklyn Bridge: It is among the popular landmarks of New York City and is easily recognisable with its Gothic-style arches and suspension cables. This bridge was completed in the late nineteenth century and was the first steel suspension bridge in the world at that time. You can savour some of the beautiful views of the city from the bridge, such as the East River and the towering high-rises beyond the Statue of Liberty. A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge can be one of the best experiences you'd have while holidaying in New York.
This exciting city of the United States of America is always buzzing with activity and would also give you the chance to shop for souvenirs and enjoy Broadway shows during your holiday. In recent times, some new additions have also been made to the city to offer some interesting insights to its visitors.
If you’re interested in Muscat holidays, you can click here to know more about the historic attractions that the capital of Oman has in store for you.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa