ALL >> Business >> View Article
An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
Total Articles: 50
Chlorinated Polyethylene, commonly known as CPE, is basically a polyethylene with chlorine content between 34 to 44%. It is an expensive variation of polyethylene having high chlorine content. CPE polymers can range from rigid thermoplastics to flexible elastomer, making them highly versatile. The standardized acronym for chlorinated polyethylene is CPE which literally stands for thermoplastic chlorinated polyethylene elastomer.
It blends well with many types of plastics such as polyethylene, EVA and PVC. The excellent filler/ additive enhance the characteristics of CPE and would prove beneficial where compound performance is critical. Such blends can be converted into the final product with adequate dimensional stability without the need of vulcanization. It is to be noted that different level of chlorine content brings different application and uses.
Production Methods of Chlorinated Polyethylene:
There are three main synthesis methods to produce chlorinated polyethylene that are:
• Solution method
• Suspension method
• Solid phase method
This solid phase method is the development direction of CPE modification. The commonly used CPE is the one that chlorine content of almost 30 to 45%. It shows the best performance of all and is widely used.
Applications of Chlorinated Polyethylene
Chlorinated Polyethylene has a wide range of applications due to its excellent physical and chemical properties. Some of its applications are mentioned here:
• General applications of CPE can be seen as a rubber, as a
thermoplastic elastomer and as a modifier for PVC, PE and ABS
• It is used in blends with PVC because the soft, rubbery chlorinated
polyethylene is embedded in PVC matrix thereby increases the impact
• It is also used as an impact modifier in the building and
construction industry for magnifying overall health of the
• It can be used to modify the compatibility of PVC ad LDPE.
• CPE is used in various end – use applications such as wire and
cable jacketing, molding and extrusion, base polymer, tubing,
roofing, geo membranes, automotive and industrial hose.
• Other building products that make the use of CPE are rainwater
goods, underwater drainage, profiles, doors and windows.
• It is also used for softening PVC foils, without risking
• It is sometimes used in power cards as an outer jacket.
Properties of Chlorinated Polyethylene
Chlorinated Polyethylene is well known for its variety of properties that make is the best product for countless applications. A handful of its properties are described here.
• It has high resistance against heat, oil, chemicals and fire which
means it can be used with any kind of product without much
• Weather shows no effect on this product and thus it remains
unaffected from sudden change of atmospheric conditions.
• When chlorinated polyethylene is added to the polyolefins, it
• It can also be cross linked peroxidically to form an elastomer
which is used in cable and rubber industry.
• They also exhibits superior compression set resistance, flame
retardancy, tensile strength, and abrasion resistance.
Business Articles1. Role Of Logistik Headhunter In Commercial Domains
Author: Ansel Adams
2. Lean Specialized Personnel Consulting And Role Of Consultant
Author: Ansel Adams
3. Time To Glide
Author: Christy Whitman
4. 5 Powerful Tips How To Hire The Right Process Server
Author: Unknown Member
5. Dog Services In Hyderabad -kennels9
6. Production House In Hyderabad - Multaistudios
7. Honda Of Valley Stream
Author: Honda of Valley Stream
8. Get More Choices With Confidential Invoice Factoring
Author: Ian Moore
9. Spray Coaters
10. Go Green Skateboard Longboarding
Author: For more details :- Mustang paddle shifter, Steeri
11. Al Ramziah Group Offers The Best Interior Cont Uae Services As Per The Clients Requirement
12. Design Your Own T-shirt With Your Own Pattern
Author: Rhett Landers
13. Top 5 Simple And Effective B2b Seo Tips To Follow In 2018
14. Why Wholesale Salmon Oil
Author: For more details :- cod liver oil bulk, private la
15. Economical Omron Plc Models Price Compare To Omron Dealers In Chennai| Data Trace Automation.