ALL >> Religion >> View Article
The Significance Of A Shiva Linga
Total Articles: 2
Har Har Mahadev
We all know what a Shiva Linga is. Most of us have grown up worshipping it and visit to a Shiva temple would mean worshipping the Linga with milk and flowers that are specifically meant for Lord Shiva only.
But have we ever wondered why exactly do we do so? Read on to learn more about Lord Shiva and his connection with the Shiva Linga.
The Shiva Linga has been a constant presence in all Hindu temples. An elliptical figure placed atop a circular base called ‘peedam’ has given rise to many a interpretations. In reality, a Shiva Linga consists of three main parts. The bottom part which is four sided remains underground, the middle part which is eight sided remains on a pedestal and the top part that is actually worshipped, is round. The pedestal provides a passage for the water and milk which is poured on it.
Power of destruction as well as creation-that is what the Shiva Linga actually signifies. It is wrong to associate the Linga with a phallus because Lord Shiva is considered to be phallus. So, it is not possible for the Shiva Linga to be a form of Lord Shiva, it is only his representation. The Shiva Linga signifies a description of the beginnings and endlessness of the universe, the one which cannot be gauzed. Just like Lord Shiva’s powers.
Linga in Sanskrit means a form or mark and is shaped like an egg to represent the Brahmand, cosmos. It represents the elliptical form of divinity. Lord Shiva being worshipped as a Shiva Linga means consciousness in its primordial form where the consciousness blends with the eternal energy (Shakti). Linga is where the dissolution of the world and all of its beings. At the same time, it also implies Satya, Jnana and Ananta – truth, knowledge and infinity. It indicates the all-pervading and luminous nature of Lord Shiva.
It is also believed that the Shiva Linga comes with abundant healing power, one that stabilizes the spiritual and vital energy of a living space.
While the Shiva Linga described above is the most popular representation of Lord Shiva, there is another Shiva Linga which is in fact far more potent. This is the narmadeshwar shivling which not only represents Lord Shiva but is also believed to have been blessed by Lord Shiva. The Narmadeshwar Shiva Linga is considered to be the perfect balance of the masculine with the feminine and imbibes the energy of Lord Shiva.
To know more about this Narmadeshwar Shiva Linga and where to get it from, visit our website- http://narmadeshwarshivling.in/
Religion Articles1. How Marriages Are More Successful With Zodiac Compatibility?
Author: Pandit Rk Shastri
2. Karya Siddhi Yantra Is Meant For Fulfillment Of All Desires
3. How To Find The Best Results From Your Astrologers
4. How To Find Out The Truth About End Times And Bible Prophecy
Author: Gabriel Logan
5. Best Astrology Center In Bangalore
6. Siganificance Of Pooja Bell
7. Best Astrology Services Bangalore
8. Telugu Pandit In Bangalore | Kannada Purohit In Bangalore
9. Feng Shui Pair Elephant And Rhinoceros For Protection Against Violent 7 Star And Good Luck
10. You Can Consult Vashikaran Specialist For Getting Husband Back
Author: Kick James
11. Pandits & Purohits For Puja - Best Pandit For Griha Pravesh Puja
12. How To Choose An Astrologer In Bangalore
13. Benefits Of Bejewelled Wish Fulfilling Feng Shui Wind Horse
14. Purohit For Puja In Bnagalore
15. Uses Of Shri Gayatri Yantra For Victory And Fame