ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Total Articles: 11
Rising fuel costs and concern for the environment has led many to seek out an alternative means of getting around and about. For this purpose, electric motorbikes have slowly become popular in countries like the UK as a means for people to go to work and back home, go to school, and do errands such as groceries, among many others.
Modern electric bikes are so near and identical in appearance to gasoline powered motorcycles that you can hardly tell the difference. Electric motorbikes are propelled by a powerful and silent electric motor capable of speeds up to 40 miles per hour, with a range of about 62 miles from a single charge. The included charging unit can top off the batteries from the mains in six to eight hours but can be boosted to a faster charging time using a dedicated charging point. Each bike is carefully appointed with comfortable upholstered saddle seat and storage bins for small items like parcels or books. Standard equipment also includes a set of powerful brakes, LED headlamps, and lightweight trim.
Electric motorbikes can rake in a lot of fuel savings with the use of electric batteries to power them, and charging up during the off-peak hours make for additional savings on fuel costs. Less moving parts also mean easier maintenance and lower upkeep costs, which adds to its value proposition as an alternative transportation solution. Basic electric bike parts such as wheels, tires and brake pads are similar to standard gas powered bikes so they are readily available in case they need to be replaced. The motor is rated for extended range and long-term use and will probably not need servicing for a while.
The lithium battery pack equipped is also rated for thousands of charge cycles and is probably the only part that would need constant care and maintenance. They will naturally wear down as they are used but the battery packs are removable and can be swapped out with a fresh set when they have reached their rated duty cycle. Overall, with low cost of ownership and maintenance, electric bikes are a great alternative to traditional motor vehicles and a big step forward towards a sustainable environment.
This article is written by Amit Parmar, the sales manager at The Electric Motor Shop. The Electric Motor Shop is amongst the leading online stores that provide quality electric vehicles online. The electric vehicles provided at their store includes electric bike, electric car, electric moped and many more. These products are provided at their store at the most affordable rates.
Automobiles Articles1. Gift Yourself A Hunter On Your Birthday This Year And Make Yourself Proud
Author: Levi Fysh
2. 2018 Research:unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (ucav) Market Forecast 2026 Report
Author: Kavita Joshi
3. Hid Ballast 101: Everything You Need To Know About Ballasts
Author: Nathan Howard
4. 5 Important Benefits You Should Know About Skip Hire
Author: Emma Denton
5. Things To Consider While Purchasing The Best Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Advice For Driving Your New Subaru Levorg While Pregnant
Author: Ben Sporn
7. Why Should You Hire A Pro To Detail Your Car
Author: Liam well
8. Why To Pick Nissan Jersey Cars
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
9. Why Car Tuning With Cars More And More Intelligent?
10. Use The Best Michelin Tyres For Better Road Safety
Author: auto surefit
11. Is It A Wise Decision To Purchase A First-year Car Model?
Author: jeffery reynold
12. Importance Of Carbon Fiber In The Auto Industry
Author: Exotic carbon fiber
13. Advantages Of Getting Your Car Washed Regularly
Author: Adrian Cordero
14. Ways To Choose The Right Motorcycle Accessories In Houston To Ride Safely
Author: Dickens Ben
15. Buy Audi, Volkswagen & Mercedes Benz Spare Parts In Australia