ALL >> Travel >> View Article
6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Total Articles: 187
Mysore, one of the vibrant city in the Indian state of Karnataka, is mainly known for the ancient palaces, temples, and structures. The city has many religious and cultural significance which upholds the heritage of the place. During the time of Dussehra festival, the city receives maximum footfalls from all over the world.
Mysore is famous for fine silk saris, intricate crafts, and sandalwood. And the tourists collect these as a memento when they visit the city. So, if you are planning to come with your family we would suggest you book hotels in Mysore beforehand as there remains a huge rush during the tourist season.
Here is a list of famous temples in Mysore that you must visit
1. Chamundeswari Temple
Chamundeswari Temple was named after a goddess who killed the demon Mahisasura. The temple is located at the top of Chamundi hill. One who wishes to see the holy shine needs to climb a thousand steps to reach the temple.
2. Someshwara Temple
The Someshwara temple is located in Kolar town of Karnataka. The legend says that the temple has several histories that were true. So, the temple is quite popular among the local tourist as well as the foreign travelers. The architecture of the temple clearly depicts the regime of Hoysala Dynasty which is one of the major attractions among the archaeologists.
3. Gayathri Temple
Gayathri Tempe is a popular shrine located in the premises of the Mysore Palace. It has three separate temples with the idols of Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Vishnu.
4. Bhuvaneshwari Temple
Bhuvaneshwari Temple was constructed in Dravidian style and was devoted to goddesses Bhuvaneshwari. Beside unique carvings and architecture, the main attraction of the temple is the large Copper Surya Mandala which is there in the temple and was worshipped for two years.
5. Shweta Varahaswamy Temple
Shweta Varahaswamy Temple is located at the Southern entrance of the Mysore fort. The main attraction of the temple is the image of the statue of ShwetaVarahaswamy and the walls of the temple that depicts the tales of Mahabharata.
6. Talakad Temples
From the local people, it is heard that Talakad has an interesting history, it was cursed and yet it is surviving. It has five temples that are dedicated to five different personifications of Lord Shiva. It is a must visit place for pilgrims who are into myths, folklore, mythology etc.
These 6 temples will surely make your trip worth remembering. So, look for budget hotels in Mysore to enjoy a divine and peaceful trip with your family.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi