ALL >> Travel >> View Article
6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Total Articles: 178
Mysore, one of the vibrant city in the Indian state of Karnataka, is mainly known for the ancient palaces, temples, and structures. The city has many religious and cultural significance which upholds the heritage of the place. During the time of Dussehra festival, the city receives maximum footfalls from all over the world.
Mysore is famous for fine silk saris, intricate crafts, and sandalwood. And the tourists collect these as a memento when they visit the city. So, if you are planning to come with your family we would suggest you book hotels in Mysore beforehand as there remains a huge rush during the tourist season.
Here is a list of famous temples in Mysore that you must visit
1. Chamundeswari Temple
Chamundeswari Temple was named after a goddess who killed the demon Mahisasura. The temple is located at the top of Chamundi hill. One who wishes to see the holy shine needs to climb a thousand steps to reach the temple.
2. Someshwara Temple
The Someshwara temple is located in Kolar town of Karnataka. The legend says that the temple has several histories that were true. So, the temple is quite popular among the local tourist as well as the foreign travelers. The architecture of the temple clearly depicts the regime of Hoysala Dynasty which is one of the major attractions among the archaeologists.
3. Gayathri Temple
Gayathri Tempe is a popular shrine located in the premises of the Mysore Palace. It has three separate temples with the idols of Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Vishnu.
4. Bhuvaneshwari Temple
Bhuvaneshwari Temple was constructed in Dravidian style and was devoted to goddesses Bhuvaneshwari. Beside unique carvings and architecture, the main attraction of the temple is the large Copper Surya Mandala which is there in the temple and was worshipped for two years.
5. Shweta Varahaswamy Temple
Shweta Varahaswamy Temple is located at the Southern entrance of the Mysore fort. The main attraction of the temple is the image of the statue of ShwetaVarahaswamy and the walls of the temple that depicts the tales of Mahabharata.
6. Talakad Temples
From the local people, it is heard that Talakad has an interesting history, it was cursed and yet it is surviving. It has five temples that are dedicated to five different personifications of Lord Shiva. It is a must visit place for pilgrims who are into myths, folklore, mythology etc.
These 6 temples will surely make your trip worth remembering. So, look for budget hotels in Mysore to enjoy a divine and peaceful trip with your family.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa