ALL >> Travel >> View Article
6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Total Articles: 153
Mysore, one of the vibrant city in the Indian state of Karnataka, is mainly known for the ancient palaces, temples, and structures. The city has many religious and cultural significance which upholds the heritage of the place. During the time of Dussehra festival, the city receives maximum footfalls from all over the world.
Mysore is famous for fine silk saris, intricate crafts, and sandalwood. And the tourists collect these as a memento when they visit the city. So, if you are planning to come with your family we would suggest you book hotels in Mysore beforehand as there remains a huge rush during the tourist season.
Here is a list of famous temples in Mysore that you must visit
1. Chamundeswari Temple
Chamundeswari Temple was named after a goddess who killed the demon Mahisasura. The temple is located at the top of Chamundi hill. One who wishes to see the holy shine needs to climb a thousand steps to reach the temple.
2. Someshwara Temple
The Someshwara temple is located in Kolar town of Karnataka. The legend says that the temple has several histories that were true. So, the temple is quite popular among the local tourist as well as the foreign travelers. The architecture of the temple clearly depicts the regime of Hoysala Dynasty which is one of the major attractions among the archaeologists.
3. Gayathri Temple
Gayathri Tempe is a popular shrine located in the premises of the Mysore Palace. It has three separate temples with the idols of Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Vishnu.
4. Bhuvaneshwari Temple
Bhuvaneshwari Temple was constructed in Dravidian style and was devoted to goddesses Bhuvaneshwari. Beside unique carvings and architecture, the main attraction of the temple is the large Copper Surya Mandala which is there in the temple and was worshipped for two years.
5. Shweta Varahaswamy Temple
Shweta Varahaswamy Temple is located at the Southern entrance of the Mysore fort. The main attraction of the temple is the image of the statue of ShwetaVarahaswamy and the walls of the temple that depicts the tales of Mahabharata.
6. Talakad Temples
From the local people, it is heard that Talakad has an interesting history, it was cursed and yet it is surviving. It has five temples that are dedicated to five different personifications of Lord Shiva. It is a must visit place for pilgrims who are into myths, folklore, mythology etc.
These 6 temples will surely make your trip worth remembering. So, look for budget hotels in Mysore to enjoy a divine and peaceful trip with your family.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family