ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips To Make Your Backwaters Kerala Holidays Memorable
Total Articles: 2
Are you planning to explore the backwaters of Kerala? If you are travelling to this beautiful state for the first time, then here are a few useful tips that you can consider to make your trip memorable:
1. The best way of indulging in the charm of Kerala backwaters is to hop onto a houseboat. There are various houseboat operators to choose from. But it is recommended to do some research and choose one that suits your budget and preferences. Most houseboats in the backwaters come with a helper, so confirm this with the operator.
2. Your backwater Kerala Holidays can never be complete without a visit to the local village. This is the best way of enjoying and experiencing the backwaters. The villages are quite scenic and you can enjoy a brisk walk in the paddy fields, have food at a locals house and even enjoy watching the art of boat making and coil wiring that most locals are engaged in.
3. If you love to dive, then you can go for a swim in the pristine canals and lagoons and even visit the canal island that are natural islands formed on the canals. For instance, Munroe Island is one of the prime attractions that you cannot miss. If interested, you can even take a picnic basket and enjoy the scenic beauty at the island. Another such island that is worth exploring is the Pathiramanal which has various bird species.
You can also explore the Kavvayi backwaters as it is a haven for nature lovers.
4. If you love photography, then don’t forget to carry your camera on your backwater kerala trip. You will be surrounded by natural beauty at the backwaters. From swaying palm trees and blue skies to stunning local villages and ducks waddling in the water, there is a lot that you can capture in your camera.
When making a list of things to do and places to see, it is recommended to first finalize the number of days you will be spending in Kerala. This is important because based on the number of days, you can decide the places you wish to visit and things you can do. If you are not sure, you can seek help from a tour organizer. He/she can help you make a plan and also suggest the number of days you should spend in Kerala depending on the kind of holiday you want to enjoy.
It is necessary that you are taking the weather into consideration when planning your trip. Even though Kerala is an all-season destination, many people prefer to visit it during the monsoon due to the beautiful weather and lush greenery. June to September is rainy season in the state whereas April to May is hot and dry. If you are looking for pleasant weather, then it is recommended to visit Kerala between September to March.
Considering all the above-mentioned factors can help you plan well and enjoy a memorable trip.
SOTC Travel Limited (Formerly SOTC Travel Pvt. Ltd.) is a step-down subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Group; held through its Indian listed subsidiary, Thomas Cook (India) Limited (TCIL). SOTC India is a leading travel and tourism company active across various travel segments including Leisure Travel, Incentive Travel and Business Travel.
Travel Articles1. Dfw Airport Shuttle Service & Other Options - Know Why They Are Best For Airport Ride
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Cheap Boat Rental In Miami – Things You Should Know
Author: Pavel Pinchuk
3. Apply For An Australian Eta Visa
Author: Patricia Ehic
4. How Can A Taxi App Benefit An Existing Taxi Operator?
5. Holidays At Nepal Himalaya
Author: Sudip Shahi
6. Kerala Holidays Packages – Enjoy The Amazing Natural Beauty
Author: Top Travel
7. Angola Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: Dinesh Varma
8. Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. 10 Travel Tips For Your First Trip To Turkey
Author: Archis Roy
10. Why Should You Book Galveston Transportation For Your Vacation?
Author: Phillip Mihatov
11. Wedding Transportation Fulfilled In Washington Dc Via Limousine In Dc
Author: Wedding Transportation Fulfilled in Washington DC
12. Taxi Services In Dehradun, Dehradun Taxi Service
13. Make Your Tour Outstanding With India Holiday Packages
Author: Tree Trunk Travel
14. Enjoy The Combination Of The Remote Valley On Choosing This Trekking Service
15. Enjoy Everest Base Camp Trek With Best Travelling Experience