ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips To Make Your Backwaters Kerala Holidays Memorable
Total Articles: 3
Are you planning to explore the backwaters of Kerala? If you are travelling to this beautiful state for the first time, then here are a few useful tips that you can consider to make your trip memorable:
1. The best way of indulging in the charm of Kerala backwaters is to hop onto a houseboat. There are various houseboat operators to choose from. But it is recommended to do some research and choose one that suits your budget and preferences. Most houseboats in the backwaters come with a helper, so confirm this with the operator.
2. Your backwater Kerala Holidays can never be complete without a visit to the local village. This is the best way of enjoying and experiencing the backwaters. The villages are quite scenic and you can enjoy a brisk walk in the paddy fields, have food at a locals house and even enjoy watching the art of boat making and coil wiring that most locals are engaged in.
3. If you love to dive, then you can go for a swim in the pristine canals and lagoons and even visit the canal island that are natural islands formed on the canals. For instance, Munroe Island is one of the prime attractions that you cannot miss. If interested, you can even take a picnic basket and enjoy the scenic beauty at the island. Another such island that is worth exploring is the Pathiramanal which has various bird species.
You can also explore the Kavvayi backwaters as it is a haven for nature lovers.
4. If you love photography, then don’t forget to carry your camera on your backwater kerala trip. You will be surrounded by natural beauty at the backwaters. From swaying palm trees and blue skies to stunning local villages and ducks waddling in the water, there is a lot that you can capture in your camera.
When making a list of things to do and places to see, it is recommended to first finalize the number of days you will be spending in Kerala. This is important because based on the number of days, you can decide the places you wish to visit and things you can do. If you are not sure, you can seek help from a tour organizer. He/she can help you make a plan and also suggest the number of days you should spend in Kerala depending on the kind of holiday you want to enjoy.
It is necessary that you are taking the weather into consideration when planning your trip. Even though Kerala is an all-season destination, many people prefer to visit it during the monsoon due to the beautiful weather and lush greenery. June to September is rainy season in the state whereas April to May is hot and dry. If you are looking for pleasant weather, then it is recommended to visit Kerala between September to March.
Considering all the above-mentioned factors can help you plan well and enjoy a memorable trip.
SOTC Travel Limited (Formerly SOTC Travel Pvt. Ltd.) is a step-down subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Group; held through its Indian listed subsidiary, Thomas Cook (India) Limited (TCIL). SOTC India is a leading travel and tourism company active across various travel segments including Leisure Travel, Incentive Travel and Business Travel.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi