ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Incandescent Light Bulb: The First Source Of Lighting
Total Articles: 6
Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and one of the most widely used lighting solutions in existence. They are manufactured in wide variety of sizes, light output, and voltage ratings. Incandescent bulbs require no external regulating tool and have low manufacturing expenses. In turn, an incandescent light bulb is mostly used in household and commercial lighting applications. Also, it can be used for portable lighting such as table lamps, flashlights, car headlamps, and for advertising and decorative lighting. However, there are more energy-efficient lights available in the market, but there are still some major benefits of using incandescent light bulbs.
Key Benefits of an Incandescent Light Bulb
An incandescent light bulb is an electric light with a wire filament heated to a high temperature until starts glowing with visible light. Here are some of the major benefits of incandescent bulbs:
* Provide optimum lighting in smaller areas.
* No toxic materials are present.
* Safe to use.
* Zero flickering.
How It Works?
An incandescent light bulb has a “capsule” which contains a halogen gas around the tungsten filament. This is used to improve the efficiency of the bulb. It works by discharging electric current through a resistive material. It produces light by heating a metal filament to a high temperature until it glows. The hot filament is housed within an air-tight glass bulb that is filled with gas.
Incandescent Light Bulb Is High on Longevity
The first incandescent bulb was invented in 1820 and used a carbon fibre filament. But, these bulbs lasted for a short period of time. In 1879, Thomas Edison invented an incandescent bulb that contained a tungsten filament. This luminous bulb could last for up to 1,000 hours. Today, incandescent bulbs work with the same functionality by using Edison’s tungsten-filament design. These bulbs work on a safe and proven technology. They are known for their reliability and longevity.
Why Is It Used Widely?
The key benefit to a lighting type having such an incredible history is that it has widely used across the globe. Even though fluorescent lighting is becoming extremely popular as it is considerably energy efficient, it is still not available in numerous regions of the world. On the other hand, incandescent bulbs can be found even in remote areas across the globe. In addition, it serves as the primary lighting source in various parts of the world.
Incandescent bulbs possess an array of advantages-
* They are cost-effective.
* They can turn on instantly.
* Available in a wide variety of shapes, colours and sizes.
* They provide a pleasant and warm light with brilliant colour rendition.
For more details visit http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy