ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Cosmetics Now A Days.
Total Articles: 1
Cosmetics—makeup, creams, fragrances—have been around for hundred of years. Ancient Roman and Egyptian women famously caked on lead-based foundation. (Lead, a metal, can cause nerve, muscle and organ damage.) But surely lead-laden cosmetics have been phased out along with lead-lined water pipes, right? Not today necessarily. the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees the multi-billion-dollar-a-year cosmetics industry but it lacks the power to approve products or ingredients before they hit store shelves, even though their contents have been shown to enter the body. According to the FDA, a cosmetic is anything used for "cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness or altering the appearance." An average consumer uses about 10 cosmetic products every day, including makeup, soap, shampoo, lotion, hair gel and cologne, says Lisa Archer, the national coordinator for The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (CSC), a nonprofit advocacy group based in San Francisco and financed in part by the Breast Cancer Fund, a nonprofit organization. As a result, she says, people are exposed to roughly 126 different chemicals daily, many of which haven't been thoroughly tested."We're operating in a vacuum in terms of safety," Archer says. "The FDA doesn't even define what 'safe' is, so it's totally up to the discretion of cosmetic companies."Soaking it in Slathering, powdering, spritzing. The skin is the body's largest organ and its shield against the surrounding environment. But it is a porous protector, allowing some substances in and others—most notably moisture—out.
It is not very difficult to take care of your skin instead of using different beauty products try the trusted and best skincare brands like oxyglow and vlcc providing wide range of products including makeup, cosmetics, Hair care, Facial kits and many more.
Beauty Articles1. Steps Of Fue Hair Transplant In Indore
Author: Surbhi Mishra
2. We Offer Blessed Oil, Body Scrub, Body Spray, Lotion, Scented Oil, Car & Home Air Fresheners.
3. 5 Façons De Porter Des Extensions De Cheveux Naturels
4. Extensions à Clips - Clip-on Extensions
5. Les Extensions à Froid — Cold Extensions
6. Fashion Designing Diploma Courses In Bangalore-vidya Institute Of Fashion Technology In Bangalore| V
Author: muni lakshmi
7. Waxing Vs Laser Hair Reduction | Laser Hair Removal In Indore
Author: Surbhi Mishra
8. Pamper Yourself With The Wondrous Benefits Of Nail Spa In Gilroy
Author: Paul Wright
9. Best Microblading In Pa
10. The Different Types Of Hair Extension Installation Methods
Author: Belle Noir
11. Soy Guide! Uses And Advantage Of Soy Protein
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
12. Hair Loss In Children – Medical And Non-medical Causes
Author: Mike Epstein
13. Hair Spa Therapy For Thin Hair – Process And Benefits
Author: James Field
14. Do You Hate Putting On Makeup? If So, Permanent Makeup Can Help…
15. How Permanent Make-up Can Change Your Life For The Better