ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Cosmetics Now A Days.
Total Articles: 1
Cosmetics—makeup, creams, fragrances—have been around for hundred of years. Ancient Roman and Egyptian women famously caked on lead-based foundation. (Lead, a metal, can cause nerve, muscle and organ damage.) But surely lead-laden cosmetics have been phased out along with lead-lined water pipes, right? Not today necessarily. the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees the multi-billion-dollar-a-year cosmetics industry but it lacks the power to approve products or ingredients before they hit store shelves, even though their contents have been shown to enter the body. According to the FDA, a cosmetic is anything used for "cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness or altering the appearance." An average consumer uses about 10 cosmetic products every day, including makeup, soap, shampoo, lotion, hair gel and cologne, says Lisa Archer, the national coordinator for The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (CSC), a nonprofit advocacy group based in San Francisco and financed in part by the Breast Cancer Fund, a nonprofit organization. As a result, she says, people are exposed to roughly 126 different chemicals daily, many of which haven't been thoroughly tested."We're operating in a vacuum in terms of safety," Archer says. "The FDA doesn't even define what 'safe' is, so it's totally up to the discretion of cosmetic companies."Soaking it in Slathering, powdering, spritzing. The skin is the body's largest organ and its shield against the surrounding environment. But it is a porous protector, allowing some substances in and others—most notably moisture—out.
It is not very difficult to take care of your skin instead of using different beauty products try the trusted and best skincare brands like oxyglow and vlcc providing wide range of products including makeup, cosmetics, Hair care, Facial kits and many more.
Beauty Articles1. Santa Fe Mixed Bag & Red Stag Combo Part - Ii
2. Grape Seed & Almond Herbal Moisturising Lotion For A Perfect Soft And Smooth Skin
Author: Kairali Ayurvedic Products
3. Some Nail Polish Designs You Can Try At Home
4. How To Save Time In The Mornings
5. Beauty Care Made Easy With Starpil Products
6. Wondering How To Glam Your Eyes With Lastest Trendy Styles?
Author: Mohini Singh
7. Draping: The Makeup Technique That Illuminates The Face In A Simple Way
Author: Denial Smith
8. Choosing The Best Anti Aging Skin Creams
Author: Donald Brontes
9. Ensure Hair Nourishment With Salon Hair Processors
10. Auroville- The City Of Dawn
Author: Closest Buddies
11. Skin Care Routine For Beginners- Sensitive Skin
Author: Noah Collins
12. Top Things You Should Know Before Visiting A Hair Salon In Orlando Fl
Author: Nima Farshid
13. Is Your Skin Dry And Dehydrated? Get Your Healthy And Glowing Skin Back!
Author: Anna Paul
14. The Fine Art Of Conditioning Your Hair With Henna
Author: Vishal Parihar
15. 10 Most Effective Natural Skin Care Techniques During Winters