ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Pros And Cons Of The Skoda Superb Stop Start System
Total Articles: 3
Stop start technology has been around for a few years and it is now available as standard on the new Skoda Superb. The technology is designed to save fuel, but if you have not used it before, there are some distinct pros and cons.
A Little Background:
The main reason why we started seeing stop start systems on vehicles like the Skoda Superb is the vehicle emissions crackdowns that seem to be getting more stringent every day. Car makers were keen to develop new technology that would make their vehicles greener and cleaner. After its introduction, stop start was immediately desireable and became more widespread throughout the marketplace.
Otherwise known as an idle stop system, stop start is designed to cut the engine if the car is not moving. This saves the fuel that would be wasted when the car is idling. These types of systems recognise when your foot has been lifted from the brake, and the engine is restarted when you press the accelerator.
If you are considering a new Skoda Superb for sale, you are likely to be exploring all the features, but stop start is often overlooked. However, this type of feature does offer some fantastic advantages. The most obvious of these is that you can see far greater fuel efficiency. Research suggests that drivers could enjoy significant fuel savings, and with rising fuel costs, even half a tank in a year can really add up.
Unfortunately, no technology is perfect and stop start does have a few potential drawbacks. One of the most obvious issues is that if your typical journey involves frequent stops and starts, it could take a toll on your battery. Many manufacturers have anticipated this and now equip vehicles with more sophisticated, larger batteries. However, you may still need to take care, as if you stop frequently on a short trip to work, your vehicle may not have sufficient time to fully recharge the battery. Running your battery at less than the optimal voltage could shorten the lifespan of your battery, so you may need to have your battery checked during your service appointments.
Stop start technology is a fantastic feature and could save you litres of fuel each year. So, if you want to cut your running costs, you are sure to appreciate this handy feature being included on the Skoda Superb as standard.
If you are considering buying a href="https://www.mandurahskoda.com.au/skoda-superb/">Skoda Superb, Perth drivers should visit us. We have a massive choice of models including the new Skoda Superb for sale. The Mandurah Skoda sales team members are also on hand to answer any queries you may have, discuss your finance options or arrange your Skoda Superb test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. Best And Affordable Car, Bus, And Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Senorita Travels
Author: Senorita Travels
2. Buy Quality Used Cars Miami At Affordable Price
3. How To Avoid Major Auto Repairs
4. Improve Your Truck’s Performance By Getting Cummins Compound Turbos Installed
Author: Rip Rook
5. 6 Care Checks To Get Your Car Ready For Spring
Author: neel patel
6. How To Make A Decision About Buying A Car As A College Student?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
7. Prominent Manufacturer And Supplier Of Various Types Of Automobile Washing Machines In Pune - R.v. I
Author: R V Industries
8. How To Get The Best Deals On Vista Auto Service You Can
Author: Andrew Raymond
9. Timing Belt
Author: David J Warner
10. An Overview On ‘how To Sell My Scooter Online’
11. Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Author: Amit Parmar
12. Choosing The Right Auto Garage Management Software For Your Business
Author: Jim Carrey is the author of this article
13. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
14. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
15. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen