ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Protect Your Skoda Superb From The Heat
Total Articles: 18
Even when it’s parked, your vehicle goes through a great deal of punishment in the summer. Whether you’re considering a Skoda Superb for sale or you already have a Superb, here are some tips to help protect it from our relentless summer sun.
Get a Solar Shield:
Having a windscreen sunshade in your Skoda Superb doesn’t just make your car a little cooler, so you don’t burn your hands on the steering wheel or burn your arm on the seat belt buckle. It also protects the interior surfaces of your car from sun damage. However, don’t forget that your rear seats can also be bleached by the sun, so consider also having a rear sunshield.
If you didn’t opt for tinted windows when you purchased your Skoda Superb 4x4, you might want to consider investing now. Tinting the windows can help protect the vehicle interior and the occupants from the damaging UV rays. While this is an investment initially, it can boost your vehicle’s resale value, so it will pay off in the long term.
Keep it Clean:
A clean car can be cooler than a dirty car. The shiny surfaces are better equipped to reflect the rays of the sun rather than absorbing the heat. Additionally, the lack of rain will mean that tree sap, bird droppings, bugs and other dirt bake into the paintwork and makes it more vulnerable to UV damage. So, during the summer months, it is important to have a regular cleaning regime to ensure that your car is waxed and shiny.
Keep Your Fluids Up:
In hot temperatures, fluids will evaporate faster. This means that it is more important than ever to ensure that you check your brake & power steering fluid, oil, radiator coolant and battery regularly. You should use the plastic reservoirs to top up any fluids. Avoid adding coolant directly to the radiator, and if you do need to open the radiator cap, ensure the engine has properly cooled down to ease the pressure before attempting the task.
Test Your Wipers:
Rubber can be particularly prone to sun damage as they become brittle. Your wipers can also accumulate dirt during the dry periods, which can cause problems if you get caught in an unexpected summer downpour. So, when you’re checking your tyre pressures, have a quick check of your wipers. As a side note, remember to check your tyres in the morning, the heat of the day can affect tyre pressures and could give you a false reading.
If you are considering a Skoda Superb, Perth drivers should first visit us. We offer an impressive stock of vehicles including the new Skoda Superb for sale. Our sales team members are also on hand to answer any queries, discuss finance options or arrange your Skoda Superb test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. Best And Affordable Car, Bus, And Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Senorita Travels
Author: Senorita Travels
2. Buy Quality Used Cars Miami At Affordable Price
3. How To Avoid Major Auto Repairs
4. Improve Your Truck’s Performance By Getting Cummins Compound Turbos Installed
Author: Rip Rook
5. 6 Care Checks To Get Your Car Ready For Spring
Author: neel patel
6. How To Make A Decision About Buying A Car As A College Student?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
7. Prominent Manufacturer And Supplier Of Various Types Of Automobile Washing Machines In Pune - R.v. I
Author: R V Industries
8. How To Get The Best Deals On Vista Auto Service You Can
Author: Andrew Raymond
9. Timing Belt
Author: David J Warner
10. An Overview On ‘how To Sell My Scooter Online’
11. Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Author: Amit Parmar
12. Choosing The Right Auto Garage Management Software For Your Business
Author: Jim Carrey is the author of this article
13. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
14. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
15. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen