ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Protect Your Skoda Superb From The Heat
Total Articles: 23
Even when it’s parked, your vehicle goes through a great deal of punishment in the summer. Whether you’re considering a Skoda Superb for sale or you already have a Superb, here are some tips to help protect it from our relentless summer sun.
Get a Solar Shield:
Having a windscreen sunshade in your Skoda Superb doesn’t just make your car a little cooler, so you don’t burn your hands on the steering wheel or burn your arm on the seat belt buckle. It also protects the interior surfaces of your car from sun damage. However, don’t forget that your rear seats can also be bleached by the sun, so consider also having a rear sunshield.
If you didn’t opt for tinted windows when you purchased your Skoda Superb 4x4, you might want to consider investing now. Tinting the windows can help protect the vehicle interior and the occupants from the damaging UV rays. While this is an investment initially, it can boost your vehicle’s resale value, so it will pay off in the long term.
Keep it Clean:
A clean car can be cooler than a dirty car. The shiny surfaces are better equipped to reflect the rays of the sun rather than absorbing the heat. Additionally, the lack of rain will mean that tree sap, bird droppings, bugs and other dirt bake into the paintwork and makes it more vulnerable to UV damage. So, during the summer months, it is important to have a regular cleaning regime to ensure that your car is waxed and shiny.
Keep Your Fluids Up:
In hot temperatures, fluids will evaporate faster. This means that it is more important than ever to ensure that you check your brake & power steering fluid, oil, radiator coolant and battery regularly. You should use the plastic reservoirs to top up any fluids. Avoid adding coolant directly to the radiator, and if you do need to open the radiator cap, ensure the engine has properly cooled down to ease the pressure before attempting the task.
Test Your Wipers:
Rubber can be particularly prone to sun damage as they become brittle. Your wipers can also accumulate dirt during the dry periods, which can cause problems if you get caught in an unexpected summer downpour. So, when you’re checking your tyre pressures, have a quick check of your wipers. As a side note, remember to check your tyres in the morning, the heat of the day can affect tyre pressures and could give you a false reading.
If you are considering a Skoda Superb, Perth drivers should first visit us. We offer an impressive stock of vehicles including the new Skoda Superb for sale. Our sales team members are also on hand to answer any queries, discuss finance options or arrange your Skoda Superb test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. Gift Yourself A Hunter On Your Birthday This Year And Make Yourself Proud
Author: Levi Fysh
2. 2018 Research:unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (ucav) Market Forecast 2026 Report
Author: Kavita Joshi
3. Hid Ballast 101: Everything You Need To Know About Ballasts
Author: Nathan Howard
4. 5 Important Benefits You Should Know About Skip Hire
Author: Emma Denton
5. Things To Consider While Purchasing The Best Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Advice For Driving Your New Subaru Levorg While Pregnant
Author: Ben Sporn
7. Why Should You Hire A Pro To Detail Your Car
Author: Liam well
8. Why To Pick Nissan Jersey Cars
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
9. Why Car Tuning With Cars More And More Intelligent?
10. Use The Best Michelin Tyres For Better Road Safety
Author: auto surefit
11. Is It A Wise Decision To Purchase A First-year Car Model?
Author: jeffery reynold
12. Importance Of Carbon Fiber In The Auto Industry
Author: Exotic carbon fiber
13. Advantages Of Getting Your Car Washed Regularly
Author: Adrian Cordero
14. Ways To Choose The Right Motorcycle Accessories In Houston To Ride Safely
Author: Dickens Ben
15. Buy Audi, Volkswagen & Mercedes Benz Spare Parts In Australia