ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Bangladesh Woe In 2015 World Cup Cricket Live Video
Total Articles: 33
Controversies in cricket makes the game spicier. There are several incidences in the game that came up even in World Cup tournaments. Such a controversy happened in the quarter-final match between India and Bangladesh, which even the latter’s state head could not resist terming and “umpiring” error. India scored 302 runs batting first in the match. Bangladesh could only chase the score to 193, being all out in 45 overs. The team was knocked out of the tournament. It was for the first time that team Bangladesh entered the knockout stage of World Cup, and the defeat from India came out as something too much to handle. Also, the margin of India’s by 109 runs was hefty.
In the match, Rohit Sharma, the India opener hammered 137 runs with an impressive strike rate. The incident happened when the player was at 90 and Rubel Hossain delivered a full toss. Sharma smashed the ball to the square leg, but he was caught. There was no wicket because the ball was flagged as ‘no-ball’ by umpire Ian Gould. This saved Sharma’s wicket and let him score the massive runs. But replays of the delivery showed that it was not a No-ball and Gould was apparently mistaken. The wicket would have not cost India much considering the margin by which the team won. This became a memorable moment in world cup cricket live video.
Sheikh Hasina, Bangladesh Prime Minister, latter in the farewell speech of the team said termed India’s win a result of biased decision by the umpire. She also added that everybody witnessed what happened. ICC President Mustafa Kamal, who is a Bangladesh national, challenged to resign. He went on to the extent of terming ICC as “Indian Cricket Council.” Later, other officials of ICC stated his response as unfortunate. ICC CEO David Richardson said that the decision was 50-50 reprimanding Kamal’s response. The CEO said umpire’s decision should be respected as it is dictated by the sprit if the game.
The no-ball instance was not the only controversy in the match. Another one followed in the next inning when Bangladesh was chasing. Batsman Mahmudullah was batting at 21 when Mohammed Shami handed down a stunning catch to Shekhar Dhawan. It was in the boundary line and Dhawan caught the ball tripping over the boundary line. The umpire, this time as well, declared the wicket. This infuriated the team even more. The team’s batting line-up wobbled, and it could never recover. Umesh Yadav finished with four wickets while Shami and Jadeja has two each. Manan Sharma also had a wicket in the match.
The author is associated with cricketbolo.com, a popular
cricket news and update website.
Sports Articles1. The Game Of Basketball And Instructions To Be Followed
Author: Houston Basketball Coaching
2. Professional Custom Cycling Product
3. Easy Basic Steps In Throwing Darts
Author: Dominik Banzon
4. Sports Equipment Wholesale & Products
Author: Priscilla James
5. High Quality Cycling Clothe S Manufacturer
6. Underwater Diving In Iceland Can Help You Explore How Powerful The Mother Nature Can Be!
Author: Steve Rowe
7. Fixtures When Four Innings A Day Became Test Cricket News
8. The Cutting Edge Of The Modern Mall
9. The Cricketer Winning Icc World Cup Cricket Live Without A Single International Match
10. The Grass Beneath Your Pet’s Paws
11. The Times Of Jack Hobbs As Top Test Cricket News
12. Clubs May Not Be The Best Place To Find A Lover But Definitely A Bunch Of Good Times!
Author: Manisha Nigam
13. Bayern Munich Triumphed Against Freiburg
14. Highlights Of Blind World Cup Cricket Latest News And Rules
15. Youth And Child Development By Top Ngo In India
Author: Satya prakash