ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
What Are Challenges Faced By Elderly & How Ngo’s Are Helping?
Total Articles: 60
The elderly need both comfort and proper care to lead a healthy life. However, financial limitations and ignorance can mean that many senior citizens live without proper care. This affects both the quality of life and the health care services they receive. This guide explores the challenges faced, importance of home support, and the role non-government organizations are play in improving the lives of elder persons, and how you can contribute to make a difference.
Challenges that Come with Old Age
Disease is not always the only thing that affects people in old age. There are several other factors that can result in the decline of health. Living alone without any support is one reason. Negligence and lack of care from children is another reason. Many are unable to access quality healthcare and lifestyle due to financial constraints.
All elders desire to lead a life of dignity, good health, and financial independence, all contributing to a peaceful life. There are NGOs that work to address the needs of the elderly, providing them support in different ways. They understand both the needs and concerns of the elders in need of support to ensure that they get emotional and healthcare support.
Benefits of Home Support
There are many benefits of providing home support for the elderly. This includes:
• Comfort of Home: Many elders with health conditions want to stay at their home even during their treatment. They cherish the comfort of their home and can recover faster and better there. Even research shows that the elderly can recover faster in their own homes.
• Feeling More Independent: Another reason home care is considered better for seniors is because it also gives them a better sense of independence. Many elderly fear of going to nursing homes because they fear losing their independence. This is why it is so important to provide elders, from all financial backgrounds, with health care in their home.
The home offers a less restrictive environment for the old. They like to stay engaged in their normal activities with the family, community and at that personal level. Some NGOs help many elderly to receive required health care services within the comfortable setting of their home or without having to be at a nursing home. Mobile healthcare services are one such program offered by reputable NGOs.
Benefits of Donating to Elderly Care NGOs
Whether you are an individual or a business, you can also contribute to the wellbeing of the elderly by donating to NGOs that specifically work on enriching the lives of the old. Such donations under sec 35 ac provide you tax exemptions, thus helping you recover most of the donated amount in savings. However, it is not the monetary returns that matter. It is the realization of making a change in someone’s life that makes such a difference.
You could donate based on what you can afford or the number of elders you want to support. Make sure to choose the right NGO that reaches out to more elders and does real groundwork to support and enhance the quality of life and healthcare provided to the needy elderly.
Social Community Articles1. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
2. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
3. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
4. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
5. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
6. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
7. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
8. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
9. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
10. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
11. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
12. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
13. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
14. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya
15. The Starbucks Anti-bias Training Go Against Human Nature
Author: Intentional Insights