ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
How Ngos Are Improving The Senior Citizen Health Care Conditions?
Total Articles: 60
Millions of elderly in India receive inadequate or no health care facilities. It is not just those living below the poverty line who are suffering from such issues, even those from well-to-do background can find themselves neglected or living in solitude. Many times elderly widows find themselves in helpless situations without getting proper medical care. With growing elderly population and the concept of nuclear family taking precedence in the Indian culture, it has become more and more important for the society to focus on senior citizen health care.
Need for Proper Health Care for the Old
The general lack of specialized health care facilities or expensive medical care has created major problems for the elderly population. Critical issues related to quality of life and health continue to be unresolved. This is where some non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have stepped in and made it possible for the elderly to find health care support while also being able to lead a sustainable lifestyle.
Some of the main health care challenges faced by older adults include:
• The elderly need help in the management of multiple chronic conditions they may be suffering from
• Financial issues affect the healthcare choices of many elderly
• Many are unable to find or access doctors specialized in providing geriatric-focused care
• Sometimes even cultural values come as a hindrance to providing proper support and services to the elderly
How are NGOs Helping the Elderly?
In the wake of the health care related issues being faced by the elderly, some reputed NGOs have created several programs to ensure that proper health care services are available to more and older adults.
Supporting Elders’ Basic Needs
Some NGOs are caring for the elderly who don't have any kind of social, familial or financial support. Such organizations work to sponsor and address the basic needs of elders by sourcing donors. Some programs focus on creating livelihood support for the elders. Such programs get the elderly involved as groups and increase their participation in income generation. A sustainable model not only helps such elders find support in the group but also generate income to address their health care and basic needs.
Cancer Support & Care
The risk of cancer increases with aging because of several reasons, with the most important one being the decline in immunity. Poverty or the lack of support are big challenges facing the elderly, but some NGOs provide sustained healthcare support for the needy elder patients. Due to the high costs of treatment, many elderly patients are unable to complete it. At the same time, many who have the funds may not opt to receive proper or full course of the treatment. Some NGOs support such elderly patients in the form of both financial help and guidance to ensure that they are able to receive proper and complete treatment.
Thus, there are NGOs that are making a huge difference in the lives of millions of elderly in India. They also support multiple senior citizen homes all over the country to ensure that financial and material help is provided to enrich the quality of life and health care services.
Social Community Articles1. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
2. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
3. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
4. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
5. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
6. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
7. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
8. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
9. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
10. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
11. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
12. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
13. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
14. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya
15. The Starbucks Anti-bias Training Go Against Human Nature
Author: Intentional Insights