ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
How Ngos Are Improving The Senior Citizen Health Care Conditions?
Total Articles: 35
Millions of elderly in India receive inadequate or no health care facilities. It is not just those living below the poverty line who are suffering from such issues, even those from well-to-do background can find themselves neglected or living in solitude. Many times elderly widows find themselves in helpless situations without getting proper medical care. With growing elderly population and the concept of nuclear family taking precedence in the Indian culture, it has become more and more important for the society to focus on senior citizen health care.
Need for Proper Health Care for the Old
The general lack of specialized health care facilities or expensive medical care has created major problems for the elderly population. Critical issues related to quality of life and health continue to be unresolved. This is where some non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have stepped in and made it possible for the elderly to find health care support while also being able to lead a sustainable lifestyle.
Some of the main health care challenges faced by older adults include:
• The elderly need help in the management of multiple chronic conditions they may be suffering from
• Financial issues affect the healthcare choices of many elderly
• Many are unable to find or access doctors specialized in providing geriatric-focused care
• Sometimes even cultural values come as a hindrance to providing proper support and services to the elderly
How are NGOs Helping the Elderly?
In the wake of the health care related issues being faced by the elderly, some reputed NGOs have created several programs to ensure that proper health care services are available to more and older adults.
Supporting Elders’ Basic Needs
Some NGOs are caring for the elderly who don't have any kind of social, familial or financial support. Such organizations work to sponsor and address the basic needs of elders by sourcing donors. Some programs focus on creating livelihood support for the elders. Such programs get the elderly involved as groups and increase their participation in income generation. A sustainable model not only helps such elders find support in the group but also generate income to address their health care and basic needs.
Cancer Support & Care
The risk of cancer increases with aging because of several reasons, with the most important one being the decline in immunity. Poverty or the lack of support are big challenges facing the elderly, but some NGOs provide sustained healthcare support for the needy elder patients. Due to the high costs of treatment, many elderly patients are unable to complete it. At the same time, many who have the funds may not opt to receive proper or full course of the treatment. Some NGOs support such elderly patients in the form of both financial help and guidance to ensure that they are able to receive proper and complete treatment.
Thus, there are NGOs that are making a huge difference in the lives of millions of elderly in India. They also support multiple senior citizen homes all over the country to ensure that financial and material help is provided to enrich the quality of life and health care services.
Social Community Articles1. Information About Social Bookmarking
2. What Happens To The Body During The Cremation Procedure?
Author: Christopher Quarto
3. How To Bring Out Your Human Spirit This World Humanitarian Day | Donate Your Sweat
Author: Digvijay A
4. Tymedigital Is Expected To Shake Up South Africa’s Banking Sector
5. Why You Should Donate To Ngo’s India Supporting The Elderly?
6. What Is The Importance Of Non Profit Organizations In Society?
7. What Are Challenges Faced By Elderly & How Ngo’s Are Helping?
8. 5 Quick And Trusted Tips For Social Media Optimization
Author: Lee Bruce
9. What Are The Traits Of A Talented Wedding Photographer In Playa Del Carmen?
Author: Luckie Photography
10. Marriage In Indian Societies.
11. Banquet Hall Can Be The Economic Event Place For Grand Wedding Receptions & Parties In Vancouver
Author: Assadullah Haroon
12. Social Workers Who Redefined Ngo Volunteering In India
Author: Niraj Zaveri
13. Proper Health Care Helps To Improve The Quality Of Life
14. Forms Of Planned Giving Also Known As Donation
15. Kalam Dreamz Foundation A Ngo For Road Safety
Author: Dreamz Group