ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Best Of Women Cricketers At World Cup Cricket Score
Total Articles: 35
Women cricket has reach a new level of intensity. With this, the format has also reach a new level of popularity throughout the globe. The recent Women World Cup 2017 was a highly successful tournament in terms of audience market, popularity and as an audience magnet. Viewers of the tournament increased phenomenally as the matches were played through the league stages, to quarter finals, to semis and then to the final. The thrill of the matches was apparent not only on audience at the venues, but also the rising viewer base of broadcasting channels.
However, here we will not analyze the business prospect of the game, but an aspect that made the play more attractive. Women cricket became a recent fever among cricket fans because of the rising striking capability of players. Women cricketers has increased their striking ability and hitting power to phenomena level. The game is still not comparable to the male counterparts, but it has caught the momentum.
The recent surge in women cricket was possible with the enterprise of several top cricketers in the circuit. Scores in the format are still low, in average, but there are some players working tough to rise the bar. The top cricketers in the circuit, per their performance in the game are Charlotte Edwards, Belinda Clark, Mithali Raj along with several others. Several players have reached the best World Cup cricket score in their careers so far.
Charlotte Edwards has a tally of 1231 runs in world cup matches so far. She played 36 matches in the tournament. Her total ODI innings is 191, where she tallied 5992 runs. In T20, Edwards is the leading run scorer. In the shortest format she aggerated 2605 runs playing 95 matches. The England player has a rare accolade to striking her career best score in an World Cup match. She scored an unbeaten 173 in a world cup tournament. In Test, she tallied more than 1600 runs in 23 matches.
Australia women cricketers Belinda Clark played 118 ODIs for a total of 4844 runs. She retired in 2005. Her world cup figures stand at 1151 runs in 29 matches. The player’s average is 60.57. In a World cup match back in 1997, she scored an unbeaten 229 against Denmark. She was the captain of Australia cricket team. Mithali Raj is a new star in World Cup bandwagon. The India Women captain played 29 World Cup matches for the total score of 1086 runs. In ODI, she is the highest run scorer with aggregate of 6137 runs. She played 184 matches in the format. Her score of 214 is the second highest individual score in women test cricket. The knock was against England in 2002.
The author associated with cricketbolo.com, a popular
cricket news and updates website.
Sports Articles1. 3 Essential Tips To Find Your Ideal Golf Course
Author: Carly Odgers
2. Wear A Life Vest And Get Ready To Surf!!!!!
Author: Vikram Kumar
3. The Highest Opening Partnership In Icc World Cup Cricket Live Match
4. How To Find The Best Wetsuit For Kiteboarding?
Author: Vikram Kumar
5. An Unlikely Friend In The Fight To Prevent Global Climate Change
6. When No-age Barrier Became A Test Cricket News
7. Dry Suit Diving Is What Can Bring More Enjoyment For You While Diving In The Cold Water Of Silfra
Author: Steve Rowe
8. Reading Vs Cardiff City, Under Goals Is Expected
9. How To Win Big At Online Fantasy Game Of Football?
Author: Live Pools
10. The Game Of Basketball And Instructions To Be Followed
Author: Houston Basketball Coaching
11. Professional Custom Cycling Product
12. Easy Basic Steps In Throwing Darts
Author: Dominik Banzon
13. Sports Equipment Wholesale & Products
Author: Priscilla James
14. High Quality Cycling Clothe S Manufacturer
15. Underwater Diving In Iceland Can Help You Explore How Powerful The Mother Nature Can Be!
Author: Steve Rowe