ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is Hip Osteoarthritis And How To Deal With It?
Total Articles: 2
Arthritis or call it joint inflammation, which is caused due to swelling and pain over the joints of the body like hips, knees and other similar body parts. Though one can find different types of arthritis but osteoarthritis can be called as the most common one. It is also called as the degenerative joint ailments or the age related arthritis or osteoarthritis, which are more commonly seen in people with old age. The ailment called Osteoarthritis can be seen occurring when the injury and inflammation in a joint can be seen causing a breakdown of cartilage tissues. The ailments can be seen occurring when the injury over the joint is seen giving you the breakage of cartilage tissues. This further gives the patients problems like deformity, swelling and pain. The key function of cartilage is to simply reduce the friction inside the joints and thus serve like a shock absorber. The best solution often comes in the form of hip replacement treatment.
The Impact Of Osteoarthritis On The Hip Joints
The patients who have been the victim of osteoarthritis of the hip are at times are seen making the problems in walking. The diagnosis of the real problem is often a difficult affair at one go as the pain is seen at the different locations at body parts like the groin, buttocks, knee or the thigh. The pain can be seen stabbing and sharp or it can be a dull ache, and the hip is often stiff. Thus anyone with the issue of Osteoarthritis tend to be getting stranded with the pain in a big way.
Causes Of Osteoarthritis
Talking about the causes of Osteoarthritis, they are still not known to the experts dealing in this area. However, there are several factors, which contribute to this ailment, which include the joint injury, the overweight and increasing age. Besides, the ailment can be caused due to the following reasons like the joints are formed properly, there can be some genetic or inherited ailments found in the cartilage. You can find the patient having extra stress over their joints along with either by being overweight or through the activities that are seen involving the hip.
Symptoms Of Osteoarthritis
If you are seen with the following set of Symptoms then consider yourself to be trapped to the ailments called Osteoarthritis, which are clubbed as under:
• The Joint stiffness while you are seen getting out of bed
• The Joint stiffness after you sit for a long time
• The pain, tenderness and swelling in the hip joint
• If you experience a sound or feeling ("crunching") of the bone rubbing against bone
• The Inability to move the hip for carrying out the routine activities such as putting on your socks
How Is Osteoarthritis Of The Hip Treated?
The key objective to fix the hip-joint replacement treatment is to improve the mobility of the person and lifestyle. The part of the goal simply involves in improving the hip function and controlling pain. The treatment plans can involve the following:
• Putting to Rest and joint care
• The Use of a cane for taking out the extra weight hampering the affected hip
• Trying the Non-drug pain relief methods to regulate the pain
• Losing much of the excess weight
• Medications like the acetaminophen (Tylenol), or the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug like the ibuprofen (Advil),
• Surgery: If nothing works surgery becomes the only option to fix the problem. The surgery will depend upon the severity of the problem, which can be either total or partial hip replacement surgery.
It is always better to adopt the principle, prevention is better than cure. Adopting healthy lifestyle and taking care of the body to make yourself fit and healthy can keep such issues like Osteoarthritis at bay.
I am Lena Rivera Professional Healthcare Consultant in the field of joint replacement surgeries.
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018