ALL >> Health >> View Article
Physical Exercises To Relieve Stress
Total Articles: 26
Physical exercise acts as a stress reliever. It helps in boosting your mood and also distracts you from worries faced due to stress. Physical exercises not only have positive effects on stress, but also improves overall health. These exercises helps in improving mood, create pleasant environment, improves blood circulation to brain and maintains normal heart beat level during stress.
Simple exercises like walking, jogging and swimming will create a relaxed environment. Exercises will not only improves blood circulation, but will also improve oxygen supply to brain, which is essential to reduce stress. Whether you feel stressed or not, doing exercise daily for at least 30 minutes is good for health. It is very important to incorporate some exercises to get rid of stress. This article highlights some physical exercises that can be put into practice in daily life.
Aerobic means “ living in air”. It refers to the use of oxygen to meet energy demands adequately during exercise via aerobic metabolism. These exercises are like mind-body exercise. They improve both mental and physical health. During aerobic activity, your heart rate increases. It can rise from 70 bpm (beats per minute) to as high as 170 bpm or even high, thus it increases the blood flow to your muscles and back to lungs. Some simple aerobic exercises like dancing, spinning, walking, bicycling and swimming can reduce stress. If you are a beginner, then you can practice for 15 minutes and gradually increase the time.
Deep breathing is an easy way to relieve stress and it is also beneficial for the body. It improves flow of oxygen in your body that activates nerves in your brain, thus relaxing your mind. Practice a simple breathing exercise in the following way:
1. Stand or sit in a relaxed position.
2. Slowly inhale from one nostril counting till 5.
3. Leave the air from another nostril counting till 8.
4. Repeat the process for at least 10 minutes.
Muscle relaxation techniques
This technique not only helps in relieving stress, but also helps get rid of mental stress. Simple movements like eye ball movements, progressive arms and leg movements are helpful. It will activate nervous system and release hormones that improves your mood.
Balancing and stretching activities
These activities enhances flexibility and physical stability, thus reducing the risk of injuries.
Yoga is the best way to handle stress. Hatha yoga is proven effective to reduce stress. It will help you in balancing good and bad situations. It strengthens your mind to deal with difficulties in personal and professional life. Yoga helps in reducing stress, blood pressure, risk of heart attack, headache, backache, etc.
Implement these simple exercises in daily life to get rid of stress and to stay healthy.
Living-smartly.com is a website that publishes information specifically focused on helping people to make right choices in their every day challenges. Living Smartly provides smart tips & insights that covers all aspects of daily living such as health, philosophy, social skills, technology, wellness etc.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important