ALL >> Health >> View Article
Physical Exercises To Relieve Stress
Total Articles: 14
Physical exercise acts as a stress reliever. It helps in boosting your mood and also distracts you from worries faced due to stress. Physical exercises not only have positive effects on stress, but also improves overall health. These exercises helps in improving mood, create pleasant environment, improves blood circulation to brain and maintains normal heart beat level during stress.
Simple exercises like walking, jogging and swimming will create a relaxed environment. Exercises will not only improves blood circulation, but will also improve oxygen supply to brain, which is essential to reduce stress. Whether you feel stressed or not, doing exercise daily for at least 30 minutes is good for health. It is very important to incorporate some exercises to get rid of stress. This article highlights some physical exercises that can be put into practice in daily life.
Aerobic means “ living in air”. It refers to the use of oxygen to meet energy demands adequately during exercise via aerobic metabolism. These exercises are like mind-body exercise. They improve both mental and physical health. During aerobic activity, your heart rate increases. It can rise from 70 bpm (beats per minute) to as high as 170 bpm or even high, thus it increases the blood flow to your muscles and back to lungs. Some simple aerobic exercises like dancing, spinning, walking, bicycling and swimming can reduce stress. If you are a beginner, then you can practice for 15 minutes and gradually increase the time.
Deep breathing is an easy way to relieve stress and it is also beneficial for the body. It improves flow of oxygen in your body that activates nerves in your brain, thus relaxing your mind. Practice a simple breathing exercise in the following way:
1. Stand or sit in a relaxed position.
2. Slowly inhale from one nostril counting till 5.
3. Leave the air from another nostril counting till 8.
4. Repeat the process for at least 10 minutes.
Muscle relaxation techniques
This technique not only helps in relieving stress, but also helps get rid of mental stress. Simple movements like eye ball movements, progressive arms and leg movements are helpful. It will activate nervous system and release hormones that improves your mood.
Balancing and stretching activities
These activities enhances flexibility and physical stability, thus reducing the risk of injuries.
Yoga is the best way to handle stress. Hatha yoga is proven effective to reduce stress. It will help you in balancing good and bad situations. It strengthens your mind to deal with difficulties in personal and professional life. Yoga helps in reducing stress, blood pressure, risk of heart attack, headache, backache, etc.
Implement these simple exercises in daily life to get rid of stress and to stay healthy.
Living-smartly.com is a website that publishes information specifically focused on helping people to make right choices in their every day challenges. Living Smartly provides smart tips & insights that covers all aspects of daily living such as health, philosophy, social skills, technology, wellness etc.
Health Articles1. In Choosing A General Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Alternative Medication- A Better Way Of Medication
Author: Bhavesh Desai
3. Types Of Shoulder And Knee Pain
Author: Mahesh Singh`
4. Infertility And Pcos Problems That You Need To Sort Out
Author: Swati Desai
5. Hipaa Compliant Medical Patient Release Forms - Cakeintake
Author: Cake Intake
6. Small Male Organ Coupling: Working Around The Size Issue
Author: John Dugan
7. Medical Conditions In Which Cerebral Palsy Treatment Becomes Essential
Author: Nupur Jha
8. Excel Family Dental - Root Canal Retreatment
Author: Heidi Huang
9. Choose The Right Home Gym In Kelowna
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
10. Best Mass Gaining Dietary Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
11. Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy You Need To Know About
Author: Nupur Jha
12. Pcos – Awareness , Symptoms And Treatment.
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
13. Defy The Inevitable Process Of Skin Aging And Discoloration
Author: Rutuja Gupta
14. Breast Enlargement Surgery For An Attractive Body!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
15. Buy Siemens Hearing Aids In Kolkata At Best Price