ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Is Causing The Problem?
Total Articles: 13
When your car starts giving you trouble, it’s not easy to figure out why. It could be the battery or it could be the alternator. It’s a good idea to try and determine what’s happening early, before your car won’t start. Here are some tips to help you figure out where is the problem.
Check the Battery
If it’s cold outside, it’s most likely the battery. Check the battery after you shut off the car. If you see a dim flickering light, something is using the battery’s power. Check everything - windows, wipers, brakes, etc. When they are all off, try the battery again. Then check the battery voltage with a voltmeter (you can purchase one very inexpensively through Gumtree or Fragram). It should read around 12.6 volts. Turn on the engine and recheck. If the voltmeter reads between 14-15 volts, the battery is normal. If, however, the voltmeter reads over 15 volts or less than 13 volts, you have a problem with the wiring, voltage regulator, or the alternator.
If it also won’t keep a charge even after you’ve turned off everything, you need to then check the other systems.
Check the Alternator
If there’s nothing is wrong with the battery, then it's probably the alternator. An easy test is to run the car and then unplug the positive battery connection. If your car stops, then the alternator is the problem. Another easy test is to check your inside lights. The alternator charges your battery when your car is running. If the interior and dashboard lights start bright, but then fade, it signifies an issue with the alternator.
Batteries & More
Batteries & More is an owner managed business offering over twenty years of experience. It sells and repairs starters and alternators for cars. It also specializes in:
o starter motor repairs and sales Johannesburg
o vehicle batteries for sale Johannesburg
o Alternator Repairs & Replace johannesburg
o All starter and alternator related parts (e.g. Bendix's, brushes, armatures, rotors, stators, regulators, rectifiers, etc.)
Then, there’s the “and more:”
o Paintless Dent Removal, where technicians essentially massage outvehicle dents.
o Mag/Rim Repair, where technicians repair damaged wheel rims.
Batteries & More is a mobile service company. That means that its trained, experienced, and skilled technicians come to you. You’ll never have to fear taking time off from work or even contemplate loss of income. It also guarantees its services. Batteries & More, therefore, provides both convenience and peace of mind.
Call Batteries & More today at +27 (011) 616 4232 or visit its website at: http://batteriesandmore.co.za
About Author :
Batteries & More is providing the Starter motor repairs, Car batteries, Car batteries for sale, Auto car battery, Alternator for sale, Battery store/supplier, Starter motor repairs Johannesburg and Alternator Repairs & Replace johannesburg. More Details Call us at +27 (011)6164232.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
14. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona
15. Peugeot 3008 Suv India To Debut At Auto Expo 2018
Author: Trending Car