ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Is Causing The Problem?
Total Articles: 14
When your car starts giving you trouble, it’s not easy to figure out why. It could be the battery or it could be the alternator. It’s a good idea to try and determine what’s happening early, before your car won’t start. Here are some tips to help you figure out where is the problem.
Check the Battery
If it’s cold outside, it’s most likely the battery. Check the battery after you shut off the car. If you see a dim flickering light, something is using the battery’s power. Check everything - windows, wipers, brakes, etc. When they are all off, try the battery again. Then check the battery voltage with a voltmeter (you can purchase one very inexpensively through Gumtree or Fragram). It should read around 12.6 volts. Turn on the engine and recheck. If the voltmeter reads between 14-15 volts, the battery is normal. If, however, the voltmeter reads over 15 volts or less than 13 volts, you have a problem with the wiring, voltage regulator, or the alternator.
If it also won’t keep a charge even after you’ve turned off everything, you need to then check the other systems.
Check the Alternator
If there’s nothing is wrong with the battery, then it's probably the alternator. An easy test is to run the car and then unplug the positive battery connection. If your car stops, then the alternator is the problem. Another easy test is to check your inside lights. The alternator charges your battery when your car is running. If the interior and dashboard lights start bright, but then fade, it signifies an issue with the alternator.
Batteries & More
Batteries & More is an owner managed business offering over twenty years of experience. It sells and repairs starters and alternators for cars. It also specializes in:
o starter motor repairs and sales Johannesburg
o vehicle batteries for sale Johannesburg
o Alternator Repairs & Replace johannesburg
o All starter and alternator related parts (e.g. Bendix's, brushes, armatures, rotors, stators, regulators, rectifiers, etc.)
Then, there’s the “and more:”
o Paintless Dent Removal, where technicians essentially massage outvehicle dents.
o Mag/Rim Repair, where technicians repair damaged wheel rims.
Batteries & More is a mobile service company. That means that its trained, experienced, and skilled technicians come to you. You’ll never have to fear taking time off from work or even contemplate loss of income. It also guarantees its services. Batteries & More, therefore, provides both convenience and peace of mind.
Call Batteries & More today at +27 (011) 616 4232 or visit its website at: http://batteriesandmore.co.za
About Author :
Batteries & More is providing the Starter motor repairs, Car batteries, Car batteries for sale, Auto car battery, Alternator for sale, Battery store/supplier, Starter motor repairs Johannesburg and Alternator Repairs & Replace johannesburg. More Details Call us at +27 (011)6164232.
Automobiles Articles1. Armstrong - Best Quality Tyres Uk
Author: Estella Philips
2. Mazda Dealers Perth Report: Top After Sales Service Satisfaction Performance
Author: Adam Butler
3. How To Know Tips In Choosing An Auto Repair Shop?
Author: Mark Josesh
4. The Best Platform For Buying Bike Accessories Online
5. Choose An Efficient Driving Instructor And Hit The Busy Road
Author: Oliver Sanan
6. Tips To Get A Good Driving Instructor
Author: Oliver Sanan
7. The Best Nissan Dealer In Nj - Nissan Jersey
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. Why To Choose Reputed Office Cleaning Services To Take Care Of Your Office In Melbourne?
Author: Sumudu Chaminda Udawatta
9. What Should You Settle On? Modified Vehicles Or Factory Made Beast
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Things You Need To Know Before Choosing Your Driving School
Author: Nate Mcgahey
11. When Should You Consider Repairing Or Replacing A Damaged Windscreen?
Author: Anna Lampasona
12. All-new Hyundai Satro Spotted Ahead Of Its Unveil
Author: Amit Vats
13. Why There’s A Movement Happening To Own A 49cc Motorized Bicycle!
Author: Kyle Craw
14. Used Cars Butler Nj For The Best Price – Precision Jeep
Author: Precision Jeep
15. Benefit From Professional Cdl Training
Author: Gabriel Fulton