ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Choose Travertine Tile Flooring?
Total Articles: 6
Travertine flooring is very popular all around the world. It is very important to know that travertine is a type of limestone which is created when the minerals dissolve in the groundwater and get moved by natural springs and rises above the ground. This natural stone has been used for thousand for years as building material. Travertine is available in tile forms and can bring a rustic, classic yet modern look to your home. These stones are widely popular and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
But before choosing travertine flooring, it is very important to know all the Pros and Cons about this stone flooring.
Pros of travertine flooring.
1. These tiles have soft palette of many different colours. This gives the stone a unique style effect. Available in tans and beiges, greys and speckled off-white hues makes it a gorgeous choice for flooring.
2. Travertine flooring is very stylish flooring. With the array of colours available it gives your home an old world culture touch and a rustic look. It brings great value to your property. As travertine stone is naturally formed it makes your flooring unique and gives you one of a kind installation.
3. Travertine has been used in many ancient places so it is a proof to say that these stones are very durable. They do not crack easily and can be kept in a very good condition if proper care is taken. As these are natural finish tiles they are more resistant to any kind of damage. They last for decades with regular maintenance and care.
4. Travertine tiles that are unpolished have excellent traction and therefore you do not have to worry about any slipping accidents. But polished tiles can be slippery.
Cons of travertine flooring.
1. The most important con of travertine tile is that it is extremely porous because it has many holes in it naturally. Water can fill up in these holes and when the water freezes it cracks and the stone crumbles and falls apart. Even though these holes are small, they are easily noticeable, which can be a disadvantage for those who do not like such appearances.
2. These travertine flooring have a very complicated maintenance. If some kind of liquid spills, it seeps into the pores and leaves stains. These tiles are highly reactive to acidic substances like orange juice or lemon juice. It requires frequent cleaning and also needs to be periodically resealed to keep it prim and proper.
3. The cost of travertine flooring is quite high. It is an expensive option among the many other flooring options available in the market. The cost of installation which requires a professional also adds up to the cost of the tile.
4. These tiles are very heavy and make the installation process very difficult. Because of this tiles heaviness it is also time consuming to install.
5. As this is stone it retains cold as well as heat. But this con can be rectified by using area rugs.
6. If using travertine tile flooring for outdoors, it is not the best option as it is not as strong as cobblestones which are generally made of granite.
Home and Garden Articles1. Finding The Best Foam Mattress Online
Author: Aastha Kapoor
2. Top 6 Benefits Of Using Spray Foam Insulation In London
Author: Zac Fogg
3. Quick & Basic Guide To Set Trendy & Engaging Outdoor Home Bar
Author: James Waltan
4. Choose An Efficient Residential Cleaning Service
Author: Monika Zuzanska
5. The Benefits Of Hiring A Specialized Cleaning Service
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Shower Door Design
Author: Mary Morris
7. How To Protect Your Baby With Baby Cot Set When Your Are Busy
8. Carpet Cleaning Tips That Homeowners Often Ignore
Author: Mike Aurtho
9. Bedroom Eardrobe Chennai
10. Make Use Of Do It Yourself Paint For Preparing Your Home Through These Tips
11. Make Your Windows Rock And Roll With Electric Blinds In London
Author: Rajeev S
12. How To Consider When Looking At Luxury Apartment Rentals In Pittsburgh
Author: kelvin rudy
13. A Perfect Guide To Invest In Best Pair Of Curtains For Perfect Home
14. Own Table Cover To Enhance The Beauty Of The Dining Space
Author: Swayam India
15. Top Janani Homes Offers