ALL >> General >> View Article
Bluestarcarpentry -testing The Wood
Total Articles: 39
A water test is the easiest way to ensure that the wood can absorb sealer or finish. Sprinkle water on the deck. If it soaks in immediately, the deck can be sealed. If the water beads up or stands on the deck, your deck may not need sealing yet.
UV rays penetrate wood, which causes graying. Apply a brightener and cleaner to restore the wood's natural beauty. Deck cleaners help remove dirt, nail stains, algae and mildew. If your deck isn't brand-new, always use a cleaner before applying finish.
Carefully read the manufacturer's directions before using the material, and follow all safety precautions and warnings on the label. Wear safety goggles, a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Don't wear sandals or open-toed shoes.
Remove all deck furniture and other furnishings.
Sand splintered areas with a pole sander with 80-grit paper. Repair or replace damaged boards. Make sure to drive in any popped nails first – or even better, replace them with deck screws.
Sweep off loose debris and clean between the cracks of the boards with a putty knife.
Wet surrounding plants and shrubs. Cover them with clear plastic sheeting to prevent spotting with chemicals.
Some cleaners require the surface to be damp before applying, while others require the surface to be dry. Consult the product label. For concentrated cleaners, follow the manufacturer's mixing directions.
Use a paint roller with an extension handle, a garden sprayer or a stiff-bristled push broom to apply cleaner to the entire deck. Don't allow cleaner to puddle in any area.
Speed up the process by having one person apply the cleaner and another person back-roll the deck. Back-rolling is a process in which one person uses a roller or broom to spread any puddles.
Keep the deck wet with cleaner. Don't allow the cleaner to dry.
Scrub tough areas with a stiff brush or broom. Avoid using wire brushes or brooms. The bristles can break off into the wood and cause rust spots.
Allow the cleaner to soak into the wood. Soaking time is usually no more than 10 minutes, but check the product instructions.
Rinse the deck thoroughly with a garden hose.
Wash equipment with soapy water. Rinse plastic sheeting with water and remove.
Allow deck to dry at least two days before applying a sealer.
General Articles1. Hot Melt Adhesives (hma) Market Projected Tp $9.46 Billion By 2022
Author: Rahul Sharma
2. How To Troubleshoot Error 0x80070002 In Outlook On Windows 10?
Author: Ethan Grey
3. Social Media- Oriented Jobs- The Heartthrob Of Today's Youth
Author: Shinjini Mahatto
4. Prepreg Market Projected To $8.64 Billion By 2021
Author: Rahul Sharma
5. How To Download Rrb Result
Author: Railway Result
6. Find Best Quality Hair Extensions Online India From Hair Exim
7. Avail Christopher Iula Services To Enhance Quality Living Conditions In Your Property
8. Gmail Password Recovery Is Now Available With Three Major Methods
Author: Indeed, even in the wake of making a decent
9. Fridge Online At Sathya Online Shopping
Author: Sathya Online Shopping
10. How To Protect Several Types Of Fabric Elements In Your Home
Author: Hudson Moffitt
11. What Are The Benefits Of Wing Chun Practice Wooden Dummy?
Author: James Biggica
12. How Effective Is The “amazon Qualified Service Providers” To Reinstate Your Amazon Account?
13. What Can You Do When Your Amazon Account Is Closed By Amazon?
14. Robotic Welding Market To Register Capital Expenditure Of $5.96 Billion By 2023
15. How To Install A Letterbox Successfully
Author: Daniel Kohler