ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Social Workers Who Redefined Ngo Volunteering In India
Total Articles: 1
There are very few people in the world who live selflessly for others, who use their lives to help the needy and who do all that it takes to bring smiles to the faces of poor souls. These people are called social workers and there is a reason why they are called so. After all, how many of us can sacrifice our everything to help each and everybody that is in need? We certainly help people, but social workers do something more than that. They stand by them throughout to make sure the victims and the needy people get better. They raise funds so that those who have nothing to eat can eat. In a nutshell, they are an epitome of humanity. If humanity had a face, it would certainly of a social worker. But, how many of us know them? Not many, isn't it?
So, in this write-up, let's get enlightened about the social workers who redefined NGO volunteering in India and told us that charity, truly, begins at home. Let's get started, shall we?
Born on 26th Dec. 1914, Baba Amte AKA Murlidhar Devidas Amte is the first most renowned activist. He was known for helping poor people suffering from leprosy. He didn't just give them food to eat but also a place to live in and in addition to that, he used to get them treated as well. Doesn't this story make you find NGO for donation?
Born on 19th Aug. 1950, Sudha used to be an engineer and a computer scientist. Presently, she is Infosys Foundation's chairperson and the best part is that even after her hectic schedule, she takes some time out for her social causes. She primarily works for orphan children and she is associated with a lot of orphanages.
This lady is known as the mother of all the orphans. With her motherly care and love, she has lent her support to many orphan children. She has no orphanage to her name but what she does is, she herself raise the children and help them live a good life.
Born on 23rd Jul. 1934, Sister Nirmala AKA Nirmala Joshi is the successor of Mother Teresa who has till now worked for many causes, right from fighting for the rights of orphans to helping people with leprosy.
With that, this piece comes to an end. After reading their inspiring stories you might want to go for NGO volunteering opportunities, isn't it? Well, in that case, My Selfless Act would be your one-stop solution. Here you can find non-profit organizations that you can volunteer for in your city. If you are also interested in helping the needy, then this is where you need to go.
Social Community Articles1. Information About Social Bookmarking
2. What Happens To The Body During The Cremation Procedure?
Author: Christopher Quarto
3. How To Bring Out Your Human Spirit This World Humanitarian Day | Donate Your Sweat
Author: Digvijay A
4. Tymedigital Is Expected To Shake Up South Africa’s Banking Sector
5. Why You Should Donate To Ngo’s India Supporting The Elderly?
6. What Is The Importance Of Non Profit Organizations In Society?
7. What Are Challenges Faced By Elderly & How Ngo’s Are Helping?
8. How Ngos Are Improving The Senior Citizen Health Care Conditions?
Author: Helpage India
9. 5 Quick And Trusted Tips For Social Media Optimization
Author: Lee Bruce
10. What Are The Traits Of A Talented Wedding Photographer In Playa Del Carmen?
Author: Luckie Photography
11. Marriage In Indian Societies.
12. Banquet Hall Can Be The Economic Event Place For Grand Wedding Receptions & Parties In Vancouver
Author: Assadullah Haroon
13. Proper Health Care Helps To Improve The Quality Of Life
14. Forms Of Planned Giving Also Known As Donation
15. Kalam Dreamz Foundation A Ngo For Road Safety
Author: Dreamz Group