ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Proper Health Care Helps To Improve The Quality Of Life
Total Articles: 60
Health care is defined as a series of medical procedures that are undertaken to ensure the continued well-being of a person. These procedures are generally preventive in nature but are necessary enough to be done on a regular basis with a definite time interval in between. These procedures are generally facilitated through a system of hospitals or diagnostic centres, doctors, physicians, medical lab technicians etc. and might include:
• Major or minor preventive surgery as may be required,
• Proper administration of medicine,
• Necessary alterations in the lifestyle of a person etc.
This health care forms a critical part of every senior citizen of the country. For the aged who are fortunate enough to have their own children looking after them, schemes pertaining to the senior citizen health care should be taken advantage of and its benefits availed. These can be done with the help of the numerous health care packages and schemes run by hospitals, nursing homes and even diagnostic centres. These schemes are so designed that they incorporate within themselves tests which are extremely relevant to the senior citizen brought to them as patients.
They also offer benefits with regards to price-points in the form of senior citizen discounts. These packages of health care are generally of two types:
• Full body check-up packages which include a preliminary check-up of the whole body inside and outside and
• Health condition specific packages which include packages meant for diabetic check-ups, heart check-ups, arthritis packages etc.
For people who are living in senior citizen homes too these health care packages need to be availed off. In fact senior citizens living either with their families or in old-age homes should also be under the guidance of a doctor who will ensure regular monitoring of the blood pressure and sugar levels in the blood of these people. This doctor is the first line of defence in the health care system and further investigations are only carried out when these doctors feel the need for an extensive and exhaustive check-up or disease specific check-up.
Caring for the elderly, irrespective of where they stay, might be an extensive and time-consuming process and hence should be facilitated with the help of a dedicated care-giver. This care-giver might be someone in the family or a hired nurse etc., whose work will be to deal in the daily administration of medicine, ensuring proper intake of food, keeping an eye to see if the body processes are functioning properly etc. This care-giver also works in tandem with the doctors or the first line of defence so as to be able to effectively and efficiently take care of their patients.
Today many social service organisations and ngos are also involved in ensuring the provision of proper health care not only to the elderly but also to people living in poverty and illiteracy. It goes without saying that proper healthcare is the key to healthy living. This, in turn, ensures a definite guarantee for a long happy life which needs to be enjoyed to the hilt.
Social Community Articles1. Differences Between Formal And Informal Social Control
Author: Glynna Thomas
2. How To Make Your Volunteer Abroad Experience Rewarding?
Author: Ajarn Peter
3. Online Donation For Charity-starting Small Can Make A Big Difference
Author: rajat singh
4. Let’s Kill The Hunger Before It Kills The Humanity
Author: pooja chauhan
5. What Are Non-profit Organizations And How Do They Work
6. The Importance Of Social Media In Business
Author: Silky Sogy
7. Roles And Responsibilities Of The Elderly Homes Towards Senior Citizens
Author: Kanan James
8. Advantages Of Sales Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
9. How Ngos Are Playing A Pivotal Role In Shaping A Better World For Senior Citizens In India
Author: Kanan James
10. Motivational Speakers In Calgary
Author: Rishi Nagar
11. The Mythological Story Of Nachiketa And Yama : Part 1
12. Malayalam New Year : A Traditional Ritual Of Opening Eyes In Front Of Lord Vishnu
13. Bonalu (ashada Jatra Utsavalu) : A Pious Glimpse To The Extremely Elegant Festival Of Goddess-mahaka
14. Hemis Festival : An Astounding And Lively Religious Event Of Buddhist Community
15. Best Things To Do When You Are Bored
Author: Nimesh Talsaniya