ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Your Guide To Ceiling Soundproofing Is Here
Total Articles: 1
Does soundproofing ceilings bother you? Don’t worry I can very well understand the annoyance created by a footstep hitting the floor above. Ceiling noise can be harsh, be it of footfalls, stomps, dropped objects, or ambient sound of TVs and stereos. But, you can deal with all such unwanted sounds by choosing the right ceiling soundproofing service providers and products.
Soundproofing is something you must do of your ceilings, walls, floors, and pipes etc to enjoy a peaceful aura at your place. You might be thinking of adding rugs and carpets or upholstered furnishings, but these are just temporary solutions, what all you need is the installation of materials that absorb or interrupt all sorts of noise.
There are two easy ways to deal with the sound menace:
Absorbing noise: Firstly choose the products that can absorb noise to give you a noise-free ambiance. You can choose soft material like fiberglass insulation, which is apparently the best option. To deal with a severe case, you must go for a dense, heavy material like drywall, medium density fiberboard (MDF), or a layer of heavy vinyl sheeting.
Interrupting sound: Secondly you can try to interrupt the sound. One of the easiest things that you can do is create a gap or insert a non-conductive barrier, which will prevent the noise from vibrating through ceiling and floor joists.
Here are some strategies you can implement for perfect ceiling soundproofing:
• Fiberglass insulation: Exposed joists in the basement give you a chance to install fiberglass bats. Once you have installed it, add a layer of drywall.
• Install acoustic tiles: Rely on acoustic tiles installation for your home, office or study. The panels, held by a metal grid, are made of fiberglass, which usually possesses sound-interrupting foil or MLV layer for noise prevention. Add a second layer of drywall: Another smart strategy that you can execute is addition of second layer of drywall. Yes, you are reading it right. An acoustic drywall has two layers of gypsum separated by a soft polymer, thus can cut perceived sound by half.
• Add mass-loaded vinyl sheeting, then drywall: You can also add mass-loaded vinyl sheeting followed by drywall for more than satisfactory results. Mass-loaded vinyl (MLV) absorbs and interrupts sound, and the addition of Drywall will significantly alleviate the noise, making it minimal/negligible.
• Attach drywall on isolation clips: Just fasten these clips to your ceiling joists, and it will help you install a channel to support a second layer of drywall, working as a second skin for your ceiling. A rubber bushing built into the clip stops sound vibration.
So, cut down on the noise penetrating into your living area with the aforementioned proven ceiling soundproofing strategies and techniques. These techniques won’t work well without the assistance of a good soundproofing company and the right set of soundproofing products. There are many companies offering such services but you must rely on the soundproofing specialists like Soundproofing Products Australia for all your sound-proofing related needs. So, what are you waiting for, consult experts and make your place noise-proof right away.
Home Based Business Articles1. Videocon Wallcam Unveils Mobile Vehicle Surveillance Solution
Author: Videocon WallCam
2. A Brief Note On The Best Way To Make Insect Screens
Author: Jaxon Berry
4. Tips For Hiring The Right Floor Screeding Contractor
Author: Mark Seekings
5. Reasons To Choose Glass Kitchen Splashbacks
Author: Alex Jack
6. Master Bathroom Reworking Choices
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
7. Avail Commercial Inspection Service To Determine The Condition Of A Property For Your Investment
8. Leading Paint Suppliers Offer The Best And Environmental Friendly Wall Coatings South Africa!
Author: Matthew Johnson
9. The Basic Structure And Working Principle Of Miniature Circuit Breaker
10. How To Choose The Best Vinyl Siding Cleaner For Your Home
Author: Vinyl Renu
11. Rccb’s Working Principle
12. Led Light Readme
13. 8 Water-saving Home Renovations
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
14. How To Choose Led Outdoor Light
15. The Requirement Of Professional Construction Clean Up Services
Author: Hugh Maniago