ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Your Guide To Ceiling Soundproofing Is Here
Total Articles: 1
Does soundproofing ceilings bother you? Don’t worry I can very well understand the annoyance created by a footstep hitting the floor above. Ceiling noise can be harsh, be it of footfalls, stomps, dropped objects, or ambient sound of TVs and stereos. But, you can deal with all such unwanted sounds by choosing the right ceiling soundproofing service providers and products.
Soundproofing is something you must do of your ceilings, walls, floors, and pipes etc to enjoy a peaceful aura at your place. You might be thinking of adding rugs and carpets or upholstered furnishings, but these are just temporary solutions, what all you need is the installation of materials that absorb or interrupt all sorts of noise.
There are two easy ways to deal with the sound menace:
Absorbing noise: Firstly choose the products that can absorb noise to give you a noise-free ambiance. You can choose soft material like fiberglass insulation, which is apparently the best option. To deal with a severe case, you must go for a dense, heavy material like drywall, medium density fiberboard (MDF), or a layer of heavy vinyl sheeting.
Interrupting sound: Secondly you can try to interrupt the sound. One of the easiest things that you can do is create a gap or insert a non-conductive barrier, which will prevent the noise from vibrating through ceiling and floor joists.
Here are some strategies you can implement for perfect ceiling soundproofing:
• Fiberglass insulation: Exposed joists in the basement give you a chance to install fiberglass bats. Once you have installed it, add a layer of drywall.
• Install acoustic tiles: Rely on acoustic tiles installation for your home, office or study. The panels, held by a metal grid, are made of fiberglass, which usually possesses sound-interrupting foil or MLV layer for noise prevention. Add a second layer of drywall: Another smart strategy that you can execute is addition of second layer of drywall. Yes, you are reading it right. An acoustic drywall has two layers of gypsum separated by a soft polymer, thus can cut perceived sound by half.
• Add mass-loaded vinyl sheeting, then drywall: You can also add mass-loaded vinyl sheeting followed by drywall for more than satisfactory results. Mass-loaded vinyl (MLV) absorbs and interrupts sound, and the addition of Drywall will significantly alleviate the noise, making it minimal/negligible.
• Attach drywall on isolation clips: Just fasten these clips to your ceiling joists, and it will help you install a channel to support a second layer of drywall, working as a second skin for your ceiling. A rubber bushing built into the clip stops sound vibration.
So, cut down on the noise penetrating into your living area with the aforementioned proven ceiling soundproofing strategies and techniques. These techniques won’t work well without the assistance of a good soundproofing company and the right set of soundproofing products. There are many companies offering such services but you must rely on the soundproofing specialists like Soundproofing Products Australia for all your sound-proofing related needs. So, what are you waiting for, consult experts and make your place noise-proof right away.
Home Based Business Articles1. Radio Frequency Vulcanization
Author: radio frequency vulcanization
2. What Is Swap Home For Vacations
Author: Intervac Home
3. 7 Things You Should Know About Your Air Conditioner
4. A Complete Before Purchasing Commercial Property
Author: liam well
5. Fha Home Loans San Jose
Author: fha home loans san jose
6. Vasthu Shastra - It's Significance In Home Architecture
7. Interior Design School In Chennai
8. Why You Should Skip The Hotel And Stay In A Hostel
Author: Qorichaska Hostel
9. Major Facts That State The Significance Of Charlotte Upholstery Cleaning Services
Author: Adrian Stewart
10. Looking For Colored Wall Plates And Switches? Get Unique Ones Online At The Best Prices
Author: The author is an avid blogger.
11. Upgrade Your Home Value With The Assistance Of An Expert Handyman Services
12. What Skills Do Strengthen The Ability Of A Plumber?
Author: sandy kiwi
13. The Gold Market In Dubai And How To Buy Gold
Author: Harran Ali
14. 7 Ideas To Repurpose Old Furniture At Home
Author: Rajesh Patil
15. 6 Quick Ways To Make Money In Your Neighborhood Without Learning New Skills
Author: Dev Gupta