ALL >> General >> View Article
Jantar Mantar: Must Visit Place In Jaipur For Tourists
Total Articles: 174
Jantar Mantar is one of the biggest observatories ever built in the world and blends religion, science, and art in an elegant fashion. There are mainly five observatories in New Delhi, Jaipur, Ujjain, Varanasi and Mathura which are called all Jantar Mantar. These were all built by Maharaja of Jaipur- Sawai Jai Singh II during the 1720’s due to his fascination for science. The one at Jaipur is the largest among the five hosting the world’s biggest sundial. There are many hotels in Jaipur providing accommodation to visiting tourists near Jantar Mantar.
Maharaja Jai Singh II was an enthusiast in the field of astrology and a prodigious scholar. He did his schooling on various topics ranging from philosophy, astrology to architecture and religion. He was even proficient with mathematical concepts like Euclid’s Clements, works of Aryabhatta and Ptolemy’s Syntaxes. Due to these, he was keen to build an observatory which made him to study astronomy. He was successful in building five of those in different parts of North India. The main aim was to record astronomical observations and to collect scientific data from those. The one at Jaipur was renowned for housing several instruments collecting astronomical phenomena’s like precise measurement of time, sunrise, and sunset, the azimuth, and locations of constellations. Due to its erroneous observations, the observatory at Jaipur couldn’t last more than seven years.
The Jantar Mantar at Jaipur comprises fourteen main geometric devices for measurement of time, observation of orbits around the sun and for constellations tracking. Some common edifices include the ‘Samrat Yantra’, the ‘Jaiprakash Yantra’ and the ‘Hindu Chhatri’. The ‘Samrat Yantra’ also popularly known as the sun-dial is a gigantic structure yellowish in color having a 27m long arm placed at 27 degrees angle. The observatory is truly a shining example of modern art known to probe the ‘universe’.
3. How to Get There
Jantar Mantar being at the center of the pink city of Jaipur, it is easily linked to various parts of the city via buses, taxis, and autos. There are various hotels near Jaipur railway station providing excellent amenities including arranging for tours to tourists coming from various parts of the country as well as the world.
4. Other Tourist Attractions
Besides visiting Jantar Mantar tourists can also go to nearby places like Jaipur City Palace, Galta Monkey Temple, Hawa Mahal, New Maharaja Gem Palace, Tripolia Bazar, and Jaigarh Fort.
The Jantar Mantar at Jaipur is true to its meaning of being a magical place hosting astronomical instruments. It clearly demonstrates the rich royal cultural heritage that was prevalent in those times in Jaipur, Jantar Mantar being the epitome of royalty present in that era of kings in Jaipur.
General Articles1. The 5 Biggest Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid While Repairing Your Air Conditioner!
2. Riyaz Hassanali Is An Expert Cosmetic Surgeon Offering Best Treatment Procedures For Patients
3. New Trending List Of Ios App Development Companies
4. Understanding Intelligent Video Management Software
5. Quick Fix For Inserting Shoton Oneplus Tags
6. What Are The Features And Specification Of Edm 830 System?
7. Important Qualities Of A Photobooth Company
Author: William is the author of this article
8. Instantfuns Platform With New H5 Releases Mythic Fantasy
9. Celebrate The Height Of Pre-wedding Fun With Party Bus Rentals Near Me
Author: David WILSON
10. Online Birthday Gifts Same Day Delivery
11. Emergency Dentist - Need Of An Emergency
Author: Dr. Peter Lam
12. Zox Pro Training - Speed Reading | Faster Learning
Author: Shannon Panzo
13. Event Recruitment Made Easy Through Online Staffing Solutions Portal, Professionate
14. Online Shopping Is Quite Safe & Beneficial! Don’t Miss Out Everyday Deals
15. Worried About Bad Credit? You May Still Get A Small Business Loan In 2018
Author: Ankit Shrivastavaa