ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Take A Trip To Goa This Monsoon For The Bonderam Festival!
Total Articles: 153
There is no definite time to visit Goa since the place always has something or the other to offer to its people. Although most people prefer to visit Goa either during the summers or the winters we give you a great reason to take a trip and find an accommodation in South Goa this monsoon. The Bonderam festival is a very famous festival of Goa celebrated in the month of August every year. Here are how the locals celebrate Bonderam:
The Area of Celebration
Bonderam Festival is celebrated in the Island of Divar which is a small island situated about 12 kilometers from Panaji. It is scheduled every 4th Saturday of August and attracts people from all over the world.
The Reason for Celebration
Bonderam Festival has an interesting history. The festival was first celebrated to solve the disputes between the villagers of two neighboring villages. This festival originated during the Portuguese rule in Goa and derives its name from the word ‘Banderia’ which is Portuguese for Flag.
Way to Celebrate Bonderam
The whole Divar Island participates in the festival. On the day people dress up in their festive outfits and come on the streets. A flag parade is held to commemorate the festival which is followed by the Brass band performance. You can stay at any Goa beach resorts and visit the place on the festival day to make the most of your experience.
The whole place is decorated with lights and flags since the main attraction of the festivals is the flags. People from all over Goa and even the world come to be a part of the parade. The town is colored with different colors and looks alive all through the evening to late in the night.
The Divar village has six wards and each ward must showcase their float at the Flag Parade. Many preparations like decorations and practices start early. People of the village participate readily in all the performances and activities.
The Extra Activities
The fancy dress competition after the Brass Band performance is a regular trend of the Bonderam festival. Some of the most famous bands in Goa perform live in the festival and many dance performances are also held throughout the day.
Visiting Goa during the monsoons is extremely memorable. The beaches and surroundings are at the peak of their beauty. In addition to this, the Bonderam Festival is one of the most enjoyable experience. The best part is that during this season not many people visit Goa so finding an accommodation is much easier at a lower cost. So, don't wait, pack your bags and head to Goa.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family