ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Take A Trip To Goa This Monsoon For The Bonderam Festival!
Total Articles: 174
There is no definite time to visit Goa since the place always has something or the other to offer to its people. Although most people prefer to visit Goa either during the summers or the winters we give you a great reason to take a trip and find an accommodation in South Goa this monsoon. The Bonderam festival is a very famous festival of Goa celebrated in the month of August every year. Here are how the locals celebrate Bonderam:
The Area of Celebration
Bonderam Festival is celebrated in the Island of Divar which is a small island situated about 12 kilometers from Panaji. It is scheduled every 4th Saturday of August and attracts people from all over the world.
The Reason for Celebration
Bonderam Festival has an interesting history. The festival was first celebrated to solve the disputes between the villagers of two neighboring villages. This festival originated during the Portuguese rule in Goa and derives its name from the word ‘Banderia’ which is Portuguese for Flag.
Way to Celebrate Bonderam
The whole Divar Island participates in the festival. On the day people dress up in their festive outfits and come on the streets. A flag parade is held to commemorate the festival which is followed by the Brass band performance. You can stay at any Goa beach resorts and visit the place on the festival day to make the most of your experience.
The whole place is decorated with lights and flags since the main attraction of the festivals is the flags. People from all over Goa and even the world come to be a part of the parade. The town is colored with different colors and looks alive all through the evening to late in the night.
The Divar village has six wards and each ward must showcase their float at the Flag Parade. Many preparations like decorations and practices start early. People of the village participate readily in all the performances and activities.
The Extra Activities
The fancy dress competition after the Brass Band performance is a regular trend of the Bonderam festival. Some of the most famous bands in Goa perform live in the festival and many dance performances are also held throughout the day.
Visiting Goa during the monsoons is extremely memorable. The beaches and surroundings are at the peak of their beauty. In addition to this, the Bonderam Festival is one of the most enjoyable experience. The best part is that during this season not many people visit Goa so finding an accommodation is much easier at a lower cost. So, don't wait, pack your bags and head to Goa.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara