ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Things To Remember When You Install Window Blinds
Total Articles: 20
Blinds are one of the majorly used window treatments. It offers privacy, light control and a touch of charm to any room. If you are looking for an inexpensive blind online, select the blinds that come with cords for movement control. Machine-operated blinds are also available for those who prefer to use remote control.
But you need to be very careful when you install blinds. There is no room for error as the blinds are a considerable investment. Most online blind manufacturers would provide the required instructions for proper installation. Here are the things to keep in mind when you install blinds,
- Measuring mounts
When people buy blinds online, they should take accurate measurements of the inside and outside mounts.
Inside mount: While measuring the distance between the side jambs of the window frame, take the smallest measurement from the bottom, top and sides. Take the accurate height of the window frame by noting down the largest measurement of the height of the widow frame at the sides and middle. Also, measure the width of the window frame.
Outside mount: Take the height, breath and width of the window frame from all the directions. Add extra inches to your measurement if the window has not been trimmed. Also, leave some space at the bottom to attain absolute light control and at the top for installing hardware.
When you are installing mounting brackets, clasp the brackets where you intend to install them and mark the spots where the screw would go. Make sure to use only high-quality power drills for this purpose.
If you have purchased wider blinds, you can see the brackets at the centre. Attach them to the primary frame of the window.
- Head rail
This is where the blinds are installed. Hence, fix the head rails over the mounting brackets properly and do not forget to lock them.
Bring the valance over to the rails and cut off its extra length. You can then install it on the head rail.
Place the clips at the required height of the side jambs of the widow frame and mark the places for the screws with the use of a power drill. Then position the clips to the side jambs.
When the installation is done right, you can be assured of the effectiveness and the functionality of the blind.
The author is a building contractor. He has written various articles about paints, home decor and online blind dealers. He recommends the Super Blinds mart for buying blinds online. To know more visit, https://www.superblindsmart.com.au
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma