ALL >> Business >> View Article
Care For Your Deck
Total Articles: 24
If you have made the wise decision to add a deck to your home then you know what a bonus this can be. Having a place to BBQ with friends, hang out alone under the stars in the evening or make family memories that will last a lifetime are just a few of the added benefits. Of course in order to make sure you have that deck to use for years to come, it means also taking care of it.
Staying on top of deck maintenance means your outdoor living space will always look its best. The good news however, is that even if you have let it go a little you can still take steps to get this space back into tip-top shape. The best method for success though, is simply to get into a regular routine of caring for your deck so it is always ready for use.
Most of us live in areas that experience enough winter that the deck becomes closed for the season. This makes it even more important to make sure you are prepping the deck for winter and revisiting the care needs come spring. Even if you live in a warmer year round climate, you can still follow these care steps for seasonal deck maintenance:
Late Spring: Wash & Seal The Deck
Mildew buildup is one of the main concerns for an exterior space, but this type of regular service can help prevent the problem.
Remove debris from top surface and from cracks and crevasses to help give the deck a fresh, clean start
On a warm and dry but cloudy day, use a warm water and mild soap concoction to clean the deck (this will help prevent the solution from evaporating too quickly)
For wood decks you should use a stiff-bristled brush or garden sprayer to do the cleaning and make sure it doesn't pool anywhere
Let your deck dry for a good two days before moving on to sealing it
After the drying stage is complete, it is time to take care of sealing your deck, which should also take place in late spring.
More than likely, you will want to chose a sealer that is clear and enables the wood's natural grain to show through
But you have other choices like semi-transparent which lets some grain show and solid that covers the grain but offers seals weather damage
You will need to reapply annually or every other year, based on the amount of wear, sun, traffic and weathering the deck endures
Before resealing this is the ideal time to take care of things like popped nails, loose screws or wood that has splintered
If you find signs of rot this should ideally be addressed with a professional deck builder but do not simply restain and ignore the problem
Also, this is an ideal time to check the railing for any potential problems
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better