ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
October Is National Transport Month
Total Articles: 13
October is National Transport Month in South Africa. The month was marked as such to advocate highway safety awareness. South Africa’s roads are amongst the worlds most treacherous. In 2016, over 14,000 people died in motor vehicle accidents. Sadly, that was a nine percent increase in deaths from 2015.
Celebrate National Transport Month by making sure you know traffic laws and do all you can to make sure you stay safe at all times while on the road. Here are some tips:
o Traffic Circles. Traffic circles continue to confuse many drivers and numerous accidents continue to occur in them. The basic rule in a traffic circle is simple: always give way to the car approaching from the right. If you stick to this rule, you’ll avoid most problems.
o Amber Lights. Some see an amber light as an invitation to speed, rather than slow down. Remember, an amber light means that the light is about to change to red. It’s a warning, not a challenge.
o Cell Phones. Cell phones have distracted drivers for years and while most drivers know they shouldn’t text and drive, many still do. Cell phones, however, are great for emergencies and should only be reserved for such a time.
o Car Batteries. You need a functioning car battery to start your car. All car batteries have a certain life span. Depending on the quality, such could range between two to seven years. It’s also important to know how to jump start your car battery, should it ever need to do so.
How to Jump Start Your Car Battery
Jump starting your dead car battery is easy. You’ll need jumper cables and another car. Here are the steps:
1. Park the other car so its engine faces your car. The cars shouldn’t, however, touch.
2. Attach the jumper cables to the positive (red) and negative (black) leads of the working car battery. Then attach the other ends respectively to your car (making sure the cables are attached to the same color). To avoid sparks, locate a piece of bare metal on which to ground the negative lead.
3. Once the cables are secure, start the other car and run the engine for about two minutes.
4. Turn off the working car and detach the cables. Your car should not be charged and ready to go.
Batteries and More
Owner managed Batteries &More has over twenty years of experience in the following services:
o Auto Car Battery testing, repair and/or replacement.
o Alternator for Sale, testing, repair, and/or replacement.
o Auto Electrical Repair
o Starter Motor Repair
o Starter and alternator related parts (e.g. Bendix's, brushes, armatures, rotors, stators, regulators, rectifiers, etc.).
Of course, there’s the “and more:”
o Paintless Dent Removal, where technicians essentially massage out vehicle dents.
o Mag/Rim Repair, where technicians repair damaged wheel rims.
Batteries & More is a mobile service company, which means it comes to you. You’ll never have to worry about taking time off from work or potential loss of income. It also guarantees its services. Batteries & More, therefore, provides both convenience and peace of mind.
Call Batteries & More today at +27 (011) 616 4232 or visit its website at: http://www.batteriesandmore.co.za
About Author :
Batteries & More is providing the Starter motor repairs, Car batteries, Car batteries for sale, Auto car battery, Alternator for sale, Battery store/supplier, Car batteries for sale and Starter motor repairs and sales Johannesburg. More Details Call us at +27 (011)6164232
Automobiles Articles1. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
2. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
3. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona
4. Peugeot 3008 Suv India To Debut At Auto Expo 2018
Author: Trending Car
5. Trailer Sydney- Secure Your Investment
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Choosing The Right Truck Rental Service In The Middle East
Author: Truck rental
7. Automotive Locksmith Baltimore - How To Remove A Car Key Stuck In Ignition?
Author: Daniel Cohen
8. What To Ride On With Your Life - Buy A Harley Davidson Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
9. A Luxurious Feel On A Mercedes Benz Is Tempting
Author: Toby Pratt
10. Top 4 Warning Signs That Your Car Needs A Service
Author: Paul Zervos
11. Cash Crisis: How To Get An Auto Loan When You Are Paid In Cash?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. About The Article C-washer - Features And Applications
13. Do You Know How To Prevent And Remove Rust?
Author: HARITA NTI INDIA
14. What Factors To Be Consider For Finding The Best Car Service In Dfw?
Author: Shakil Ahmed
15. Make Your Clean-ups A Breeze This Autumn
Author: Trailer Rentals