ALL >> Health >> View Article
Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Total Articles: 11
The first mode of connectivity of any patient in live saving condition is a ground ambulance. Even if the commute of the patient involves air ambulance, ground ambulances are always required for last mile connectivity called in their parlance as bedside-to-bedside. Their use is so common in different countries especially the ones with underdeveloped or non-existent air ambulance services that everyone assumes all know everything about it. But that’s not the reality. Absence to understanding of basic terminologies can lead to mishaps. Through this article we aim to take you to the tour on ground ambulance. Jump in!
The past and present of ground ambulance
The first instance of its use dates back to late 15th century Spain which used it for emergency purposes. Its full-fledged civilian use came much later. As with many modern inventions, the concept of ground ambulance for mass purpose owes much to the military conflicts of 19th and 20th century Europe. From the primitive and manually drawn bullock carts to modern day self-driving ambulances, we’ve certainly came a long way. Ground ambulances are a common sight in almost all countries now.
Dissection of a ground ambulance
A common ground ambulance is equipped with some equipment and support staff. It is always helpful if we know a little about all of them.
Support staff – comprising of medical and non-medical staffs, they are few staffs that we should be able to single out.
• ECA/ECSW – Emergency care assistant generally assist paramedics but can also carry out complex procedures in case of emergencies.
• Nurse – Trained to assist doctors or paramedics, they can also administer certain drugs.
• Paramedic – Highly trained, they are well versed to carry out some complex procedures like administering different drugs, placing a flexible plastic tube in trachea or intubation, thyrocricotomy, etc.
• First responder – As the name itself suggests, these include people who are the first to reach the scene where need for ground ambulance arises. They could be either some specialized doctor or a commoner.
Equipment – these include some basic instruments to sophisticated ones. Since sophisticated ones are too “medical” and not much of use for us common folks, we’ll focus instead on some basic ones. Here we go –
• Two – way radio: Most important of them all, its use starts right after a patient has booked ground ambulance. It is used to maintain two-way communication between the driver and medical staffs in the ambulance to personnel at the medical center.
• Ramp: They are like ladders used to board or de-board heavy medical equipment or patient
• Stretcher: Pretty easy these one. Shaped like a bed, they are used to lift the patient from the ground to ramp or ambulance.
Types of ground ambulances
Though they all serve the same purpose but depending on the medical condition of the patient different types of ground ambulances are called into service –
• Basic life support ambulance (BLS): As the name suggests, these are for patients whose condition is not life-threatening. Equipped with basic facilities and few medical staffs like nurse and a medic, it basically focuses on monitoring the condition of patients while they are on their way to medical center.
• Advanced life support ambulance (ALS): Used for life-threatening or trauma patients, these are equipped with advanced facilities and nurse along with a paramedic or a doctor. They are well trained and facilitated to provide advance medical emergency services, IV administration etc.
• Critical Care ambulance: Similar to ALS, they are also provided with a specialized doctor to monitor or operate on the patient. Such ambulances function as mini extension of medical centers.
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit/s: Many babies post-partum require intensive medical assistance. It’s crucial that it is provided as soon as possible. NICUs are ground ambulance units meant exactly for them. It is equipped with necessary provisions to manage critically ill neonates.
AMB life is an online platform that allows private ambulance service carriers around the globe to register their ambulance and other ancillary services on its platform. People can choose services based on country, state, city or even their own location. Both air ambulances as well ground ambulance can be booked based on their rating and review.
Visit Visit www.amblife.com to know more about them. to know more about them.
Health Articles1. The Services Offered To The Patients In A Dental Clinic Is Unending
Author: Claudia Lamington
2. Linear Accelerators For Radiation Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
3. Make A Right Choice - Best Gynecologist In India
Author: ponting brown
4. Lysosomal Alpha Glucosidase Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
Author: mr shah
5. Benefits Of Email Marketing
6. How Costs Vary In The Liposuction Surgery?
7. Have You Asked In Detail To Your Surgeon About Body Sculpting?
8. 4 Things To Follow In Ivf Process
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
9. Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Best Weight Loss Surgery
Author: Arvind Kumar
10. The Benefits Of Using Mouthwash
Author: Helen Diaz
11. Weight Loss Surgery – Is It Really Effective
Author: Arvind Kumar
12. Fraud, Deceptions, And Downright Lies About Blood Cleanup Exposed
Author: Phillip Jones
13. Must Know Facts About Hair Transplant In Bangladesh
14. Traveling To Barcelona For A Medical Conference? | Emedevents
15. Functional Medicine A Legitimate Approach To Treat Chronic Lifestyle Diseases - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta