ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Key Tips To Space Out Your Small Home
Total Articles: 17
Two of the biggest dilemmas that most face in the 21st century is time crunch and lack of space. Urban areas are becoming more and more populated and as a result, homes are also becoming smaller and more compact. But while nothing much can be done about time crunch, one can effectively use the little space they have in their small home.
Here are some innovative and the best home décor ideas, which will transform your tiny home or apartment aesthetically as well as when it comes to functionality-
• Multi-functionality is the key to making a small space work
When it comes to small spaces, says the living room area, one should avoid the use of an ottoman, sofa or bench separately. Instead one should opt for furniture that serves the purpose of sitting, lounging, as well as storing all in one!
These days cleverly designed sofas and ottomans are available that serve multiple purposes. They have enough space for storage and are quite comfortable as well. In fact, for those who live in a tiny flat, say a 1 BHK, you can accommodate a sofa cum bed in the living room for when guests come to stay. Thus, your living room can be converted into a make-shift bedroom in no time. Chairs with ample storage space are also available at furniture stores that can be used in the living room.
• Use rugs king size
While kings size beds are definitely a thing, when it comes to décor for small spaces, king size rugs should be too!
In order to ensure that your tiny apartment looks more spacious and large, use a big rug or carpet that covers almost the entire room. Get it custom made if necessary. The use of multiple rugs in a small space will just make the room look much smaller than it actually is.
• Map out a walking loop for space
In order to create a walking loop for a room, the right placement of the furniture is crucial. One should avoid placing the furniture against the walls as it makes the area look more cramped. Instead, the placement of the furniture should be such that one can walk around the room, without meeting a dead end as such.
• Incorporate neutral and lighter tones
One should stay away from dark colours when it comes to designing small spaces; they will only make the room look smaller. Instead, opt for neutral tones and make the room brighter with a splash of lighter colours. White and black, light greens or a navy blue and even mauve are nice colours to choose from. It is best to avoid warm tones like orange, red as well as yellow.
With just a little planning and the best home décor ideas, one can effectively decorate even a tiny space to appear spacious and huge!
Sunita Arvind is a professional interior decorator and loves sharing best home décor ideas and tips. During her free time, she loves to pen down on some of her creativity. Through this article, she talks about the best home décor ideas that one can incorporate to make a tiny space appear bigger.
Home and Garden Articles1. Finding The Best Foam Mattress Online
Author: Aastha Kapoor
2. Top 6 Benefits Of Using Spray Foam Insulation In London
Author: Zac Fogg
3. Quick & Basic Guide To Set Trendy & Engaging Outdoor Home Bar
Author: James Waltan
4. Choose An Efficient Residential Cleaning Service
Author: Monika Zuzanska
5. The Benefits Of Hiring A Specialized Cleaning Service
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Shower Door Design
Author: Mary Morris
7. How To Protect Your Baby With Baby Cot Set When Your Are Busy
8. Carpet Cleaning Tips That Homeowners Often Ignore
Author: Mike Aurtho
9. Bedroom Eardrobe Chennai
10. Make Use Of Do It Yourself Paint For Preparing Your Home Through These Tips
11. Make Your Windows Rock And Roll With Electric Blinds In London
Author: Rajeev S
12. How To Consider When Looking At Luxury Apartment Rentals In Pittsburgh
Author: kelvin rudy
13. A Perfect Guide To Invest In Best Pair Of Curtains For Perfect Home
14. Own Table Cover To Enhance The Beauty Of The Dining Space
Author: Swayam India
15. Top Janani Homes Offers