ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Factors That Notify Roof Cleaning Is Required
Total Articles: 9
There are several factors after considering which professional roofing contractors in Austin can let you know whether a roof cleaning is a good option.
Threats to the Roof
The roofing contractor will look for several conditions, including limbs and leaves deposited by an overhanging tree. If not removed, they can get under tiles and shingles and move them out of place. When mold sticks to the wood framework of your roof, it can weaken it. When lichens, moss, and algae grow into tiles and roof shingles, they inhibit their protective properties. Algae specifically like to feed on the limestone granules in the shingles of modern asphalt roofs.
Age of the Roof
One of the key factors affecting whether you should have roof cleaned is when it was installed. If you have a 30-year shingle roof and it’s only 10 or 12 years old, it could very well benefit from a cleaning instead of a replacement. That is because such roofs should last 25, 30 years or more.
Integrity of the Roof
The condition of your roof determines whether cleaning it is a good option. Are the corners of the shingles flat? Are the shingles or tiles intact? Do they fit snugly on the roof? Can the roofing contractors in Austin handle a shingle without it falling apart because it is brittle? If the answer to these questions is yes, then the roof will benefit from a cleaning.
Cleaning Increases Resale Value
Having your roof cleaned is also a good decision if you are planning to sell your property. A roof that has been cleaned will give your property, either commercial or residential, more curb appeal, thereby raising the price you can sell it for.
Technique is Safe for Roofs
During the preliminary scrutiny, the professional roofer will note areas that should be fixed before cleaning since the purpose of the roof work is to improve the functioning of the roof. Is there a bird’s nest that needs to be removed or is there a warped area that needs to be prepared, for instance?
After the initial cleaning, regular cleanings can help to control harmful circumstances. Though all professional roofing contractors in Austinrecommend that a roof is cleaned every 18 to 36 months, however, the environment for every roof is different.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck