ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
What Is Server Troubleshooting?
Total Articles: 6
Server troubleshooting means problem-solving or repairing of the failed server.Navigator system offers quick response to troubleshoot and assess any problems that have occurred with your server.When a server is down the entire business productivity is getting affected. Everyone in that particular company feels bad about server failure.Server problems can be of hardware problem, operating system configuration problems and also application/services-related problems. Take Preventive measures:
• Continuously monitor the servers to identify potential problems early is essential to prevent server failure
• Perform routine maintenance like application of operating system hotfixes, service packs, disk defragging,
• Regular review of event logs for information or error messages.
But there are some simple, easy and standard steps and techniques to troubleshoot the server problems.
1. Use the documentation and tools provided with the server hardware and software is good for starting the server troubleshooting. If you get familiar with these documents and tools then, you can identify the problem and check the affected features to determine the specific cause of the server problem. Problems may be due to the issues in diverse, outdated drivers, incompatible hardware, loose connections, incorrect configurations, or other issues.
2. Determine the category of the problem, whether it is a Hardware problem, Operating system configuration problems or Application/services-related problems.
3. The first step in troubleshooting server problems is to check the server computer hardware, any attached peripherals, drives, CPU, RAM, Power supply, Motherboard and the cabling. Disconnect network cards or cables will help you determine whether the hardware is at fault. For checking long cables use a multimeter or cable tester.
4. If the server has any new hardware addition then check the compatibility with the OS and drivers installed for new hardware.
5. Check for loss of network connectivity: Check the operating system configuration. Check the server’s TCP/IP settings by pinging loopback address.Check network connectivity by pinging another computer on the network. Check DNS and WINS settings for name resolution problems.Check internetwork connectivity by pinging a computer on another subnet.Check IP address and default gateway settings. Check proxy settings.Check security policies and authentication settings of the server.
6. Check for server application problems: On a Windows server, check the application log for application-related errors. The Warning, Error, and Information messages in the logs can be the best clues in identifying what went wrong with the server.
7. Check server’s security settings, the site- or domain-wide security policies and client licenses and licensing settings.Check the routers and also the client computers for any problem.Problem with them may affect the server as well.
After checking the basics, call and consult for technical support from your server OEMs support service or third-party support service to quickly troubleshoot the server.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Finding The Best Repairing Services For Apple Products
Author: Michael Clark
2. Benefits Of Purchasing Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts
Author: Get more detail about OEM manufacturer
3. Best Route Planner App Helps A Lot When It Comes To Do Business On The Go!
Author: John Pearson
4. Comcast Approved Modems Are Reliable And Also Come With Money Back Guarantee Like Option!
Author: Kelvin Pitter
5. Trusted Macbook Pro Repair Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
6. How To Choose The Best Shopping Cart Software?
Author: Venkateshwarlu Kakkireni
7. Tips To Increase Inventory Management Performance With Quickbooks Support
Author: Jennifer Scott
8. 5-step Guide To Pick A Privilege Software Of Erp
Author: Alex Forsyth
9. ‘push Notifications’ Sits At The Helm Of Targeted Advertising In The New Digital Era
10. Android App Development Company |android Mobile App Developer’s Pune India
Author: aston martin
11. Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, And Beyond
Author: Nathan White
12. Own Spectrum Approved Modems And Save Money!
Author: Time Warner approved modems, Spectrum Approved Mod
13. Integrate Hrms Software To Reduce Your Hr Burden
Author: Rahul Pawar
14. Get Epson Printer Help In One Call!
15. Lean Manufacturing Erp Software
Author: eresource Infotech