ALL >> Education >> View Article
Managing The Monsoon Fun With Kids
Total Articles: 13
It’s that time of the year across the country! The beloved monsoons and well and truly here, drenching every weekend with downpours and bringing alive all of the lush greenery around.
Many kids loving getting drenched and playing in the rains. It’s just feels wrong to stop them from this enchanting childhood behavior. Forget kids, if given a chance, we adults could use a good soak in the rains, the natural showers, if not for our cell phones, baggages and having to preserve our health!
Health! That’s the prime concern when debating whether kids should be let to enjoy the rains the way they wish or not. Because seasonal changes anyway cause health issues in our kids. So how to manage this monsoon mania with our kids?
Read on to find out!
1. When on a break, let them get drenched: Yes, make it a ritual. They should be given the chance to enjoy the rains, and getting soaking wet at least once during this four month period. Choose a weekend to let them do that.
2. Ensure that they shower, dry their hair squeaky dry, and stay clean after the “getting wet in the rains” episode(s).
3. Get them to have warm water, filtered/boiled water throughout the season and hot drinks when they get wet.
4. Get them to have dry fruits, seasonal fruits like pears, apples, and bananas during the whole season.
5. Ensure they have piping hot, simple food on the days they get wet so that their immunity is not threatened.
6. If they are prone to colds and tonsilitis, do police the number of times they get to enjoy the rains.
7. Stick to home cooked healthy meals during this season to avoid tummy ailments. They are the worst.
8. Do go for seasonal, traditional food preparations like hot lentil soups, dal rice, pakodas (home made don’t hurt. Good source of protein and home fried is food fat once in a while), and things like that. If you must eat out, when travelling or on a holiday, stick to hot, cooked food and avoid meat unless you know that it will be fresh and prepared in a clean environment.
9. Let kids be kids and enjoy that football match in the rains or let them just sing, dance and frolic around getting wet. It is important for them to experience these things. If they fall ill once or twice, come down with cold or viral, remember that they body is making antibodies against those ailments when they fall ill. It will help them not get those infections again!
10. Ensure that they are drinking enough water. Dehydration brings in all the woes and the infections.
11. Maintain hygiene at home. It gets tedious to keep cleaning with the bugs, muck and everything making an appearance at home this season. But plough through and safeguard everyone’s health.
12. Invest in sturdy, good quality rain gear for the family of course!
13. Finally, do remember to have fun with your kids! Bond, make merry and have a blast in the rains.
Happy monsoon, wow parents!
Education Articles1. Sas Base Training Program: A Way For Bright Career As Data Scientist
2. Attend Iit Jee Classes Regularly
Author: Arpita Classes
3. Difference Between Interface And Abstract Class In Java
4. Introduction To Cisco Ios Software
5. Everything Has A Story
Author: JBM Global School
6. Before You Pick Have A Detailed Idea About The Chinese Courses Offered
Author: Michel Kern
7. How Data Science Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
8. Why Is Operations Management Necessary For Every Business?
9. Why Do Students Prefer Studying Mbbs In Russia
Author: Nitesh Sharma
10. Opened | Redhat Rhce Certified Training And Exam In Opened | Redhat Rhcsa Certification Training In
Author: Surya R.J
11. No.1 Redhat Training And Exam Centre| Rhce Exam | Rhcsa | Rhce
Author: Surya R.J
12. Understanding The Difference Between Electronics And Electrical Engineering
Author: MIT AOE
13. 5 Reasons Behind Expensive Schooling In India
Author: Tuition India
14. How To Select The Right Digital Marketing Institute?
Author: Aditi Singh
15. Inplant Training
Author: neralya sri