ALL >> Education >> View Article
Managing The Monsoon Fun With Kids
Total Articles: 13
It’s that time of the year across the country! The beloved monsoons and well and truly here, drenching every weekend with downpours and bringing alive all of the lush greenery around.
Many kids loving getting drenched and playing in the rains. It’s just feels wrong to stop them from this enchanting childhood behavior. Forget kids, if given a chance, we adults could use a good soak in the rains, the natural showers, if not for our cell phones, baggages and having to preserve our health!
Health! That’s the prime concern when debating whether kids should be let to enjoy the rains the way they wish or not. Because seasonal changes anyway cause health issues in our kids. So how to manage this monsoon mania with our kids?
Read on to find out!
1. When on a break, let them get drenched: Yes, make it a ritual. They should be given the chance to enjoy the rains, and getting soaking wet at least once during this four month period. Choose a weekend to let them do that.
2. Ensure that they shower, dry their hair squeaky dry, and stay clean after the “getting wet in the rains” episode(s).
3. Get them to have warm water, filtered/boiled water throughout the season and hot drinks when they get wet.
4. Get them to have dry fruits, seasonal fruits like pears, apples, and bananas during the whole season.
5. Ensure they have piping hot, simple food on the days they get wet so that their immunity is not threatened.
6. If they are prone to colds and tonsilitis, do police the number of times they get to enjoy the rains.
7. Stick to home cooked healthy meals during this season to avoid tummy ailments. They are the worst.
8. Do go for seasonal, traditional food preparations like hot lentil soups, dal rice, pakodas (home made don’t hurt. Good source of protein and home fried is food fat once in a while), and things like that. If you must eat out, when travelling or on a holiday, stick to hot, cooked food and avoid meat unless you know that it will be fresh and prepared in a clean environment.
9. Let kids be kids and enjoy that football match in the rains or let them just sing, dance and frolic around getting wet. It is important for them to experience these things. If they fall ill once or twice, come down with cold or viral, remember that they body is making antibodies against those ailments when they fall ill. It will help them not get those infections again!
10. Ensure that they are drinking enough water. Dehydration brings in all the woes and the infections.
11. Maintain hygiene at home. It gets tedious to keep cleaning with the bugs, muck and everything making an appearance at home this season. But plough through and safeguard everyone’s health.
12. Invest in sturdy, good quality rain gear for the family of course!
13. Finally, do remember to have fun with your kids! Bond, make merry and have a blast in the rains.
Happy monsoon, wow parents!
Education Articles1. Your Cellphone. Your Ultimate Learning Aid
2. Why Sap Fico As A Career For Finance People?
3. Crushing Of A Cylindrical Tube
4. 5 Ways How Room Design Helps To Progress Guitar Playing
Author: David Ks Music School
5. Providing The Best Mother And Child Care
Author: ponting brown
6. Education Is Like Fun With Mobile Apps!
Author: ponting brown
7. Business Objects Training - Certification Course
8. Software Training Program For Dot Net
Author: MindQ Systems
9. Digital Marketing Services
Author: khajaramthulla channavaram
10. Terms And Definitions In Software Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
11. Wondering How To Write An Admission Essay? Follow This Section Closely
Author: Wayne Evans
12. Why Choose Prothoughts For Pmp Certification?
13. Get The Best And Interactive Training For Pmp Certification
14. How To Grow Professionally With Project Management Course?
15. What Type Of Training Is Offered For Pmp Training In Hyderabad