ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
How To Choose The Perfect Bicycle For Fat People?
Total Articles: 4
Individuals who are plus sized often have difficulty finding sizes that fit them, be it with clothing, or equipment. Not being part of what is considered the normal range of sizes, these individuals often find themselves facing an undue challenge with their sizes.
Thankfully, when it comes to bicycles, there is no lack of resources of equipment that addresses the concerns of overweight people. Finding a potential market, several bike companies, have started producing bike frames, wheels, and seats, whose structures can sustain physiques considered as obese.
It was ironic for some time that bicycling is one of the most recommended forms of exercise to overweight people to help them lose their extra pounds, however, no equipment exists that can support their weight. The standard bicycle simply was not built that way.
It is fortunate that many companies now recognize the need and discovered this potential market, and has now started making bicycles that are sturdier than the standard ones. Almost every part of a bike bears weight, and parts breaking apart can be extremely dangerous.
As with any bike, let’s start with the frame. It’s common to see basic bike frames that are made out of pieces of metal that are welded together. These materials and joints do not have enough strength and stability to carry large people. Frames built for heavier individuals are made of a stronger material with joints made more durable.
The wheels are the most common bicycle part to get damaged. It usually gets bent out of shape, similar to what a potato chip would look like. The custom built wheels are mostly bigger and would have stronger inner tubes. These stronger wheels are less likely to buckle under the heavyweight.
For a more comfortable ride, the seats are made in such a way that pressure is more evenly distributed, over a wider surface area. The materials used for the paddings also adds to the support for the riders.
Those who are looking for bikes with these specifications may start asking at his local bicycle shop. If it does not carry the equipment that you are looking for, they probably know where to get one. There are also plenty of stores available online, and those looking for these bikes with specifications for heavy individuals simply have to go to their website and have the items delivered later on to their front door.
Biking remains to be one of the most effective and efficient forms of losing weight. It used to be difficult finding bikes that will is safe and comfortable to use by overweight people, but now it isn’t. There are plenty to choose from, be it in an actual store or online.
Fitness Articles1. Remedial Massage And The Way You Can Treat Muscle Injury At Home
Author: Holly Coane
2. Use Chinese Herbs If You Want To Try Out Alternate Medicine To Cure Yourself
Author: Seth Aslatt
3. How Can You Get That Toned And Curvy Body Like The Models You Always Wished For?
Author: Spencer Holden
4. Why Massage Is Known As A Powerful Therapy Since Ancient Days
Author: Leona Miller
5. Does Yoga Result In Possession?
Author: Louise Franklin
6. Tips For More Effective Cardio Workouts
7. Three Day Military Diet Menu Chart
8. Yoga Teacher Training Can Change Your Thinking Towards Leading Life
Author: Dave Woods
9. Why You Should Spare A Thought And Devote Your Life To Yin Yoga Ttc
Author: Dave Woods
10. Tips For Oily Skin Care
Author: Tejaswini D
11. Are You A Victim Of Sedentary Lifestyle? Here Is How To Stay Fit
Author: Steffen Lang
12. Buy Fit Body With Doctor Approved Weight Loss Supplements
Author: Weight Loss Supplements
13. The Secrets Of Bruhana Nasyam Therapy In India
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
14. Know Effective Ways To Reduce Weight The Healthy Way
Author: Owen Jones
15. Let Herbs Cure Your Soul And Body From The Core, Stay Safe And Healthy
Author: Seth Aslatt